ready to upgrade, need advise

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
passtimik

ready to upgrade, need advise

Post by passtimik »

Hi, guys. I replaced the exhaust with the magnaflow cat-back and upgraded to dc sports exhaust header. I want to add a supercharger kit. Monkeywrench has kits available, just not sure if they are for my car. I have a 04 vibe base with the above upgrades. Are superchargers still available for my car, and do i need to consider replacing other engine components? Also, are the upgrades i already added good enough for adding a supercharger or do i need better?

Thanks.
revstohigh

Re: ready to upgrade, need advise

Post by revstohigh »

the exhaust you have now is fine both brand name parts but keep in mind that between the header and cat back ther is still a bottle neck , you woln't get the full benifit untill its been upgraded from header to tip.
the super charger will deff give you a nice increase in power , any mods besides forced induction and or cams will not net much power on a motor of this size .
the best upgrade you can do to a 1zz is to replace it w/ a 2zz thats 50 hp right there , but still only good for mid to low 15's in the 1/4
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
passtimik

Post by passtimik »

Sorry, i should have mentioned that this is an automatic trans. How does that change my goals if at all? I'd be willing to replace the cams and valve springs with performance upgraded versions. What's the best advise to correct the "bottle neck" issue and stay legal?
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

The GM and TRD superchargers are hard to find. The only thing that your vibe being auto changes is the computer that comes with the supercharger. The GM and TRD superchargers take the 1ZZ-FE up about 30-40 HP (number varies between sources).

You could also look into MWR's turbo kits, or other turbo kits.

Magnaflow makes a high-flow cat that fits the vibe as well.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

http://turbokits.com/Toyota/Matrix/Turbo_Kits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;