12 v swiched source from aem fic to controll lift ?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
revstohigh

12 v swiched source from aem fic to controll lift ?

Post by revstohigh »

hey guys I had an idea the other night......
my aem fic has a 12 output that can activate something (usually a shift light) but I don't see any reason I couldn't use it to activate my lift silonoide . after a lot of research if found that the timing is computer controlled and requires a lot of tunning to manipulate. but the lift is an on/off activation
the setup menu has lots of perameters that can be set as to when it would operate such as load and rpm

I know there are minimal gains on a naturaly aspirated application of this but turbocharged 2zz engines like lift at more like 4-5k rpm vs the 6200 stock point
my question is not if this will give me more power but rather will it work at all ?

for instance is it a 5 or 12v system and, do I need to get an extra silonoide to spoof the ecu, can I tap in to it , or do I need to keep the original pluged in and run another wire to a different silonoide

ps im aware I cant spell silonoide but yall know what I mean lol
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
Salsa Guy

Re: 12 v swiched source from aem fic to controll lift ?

Post by Salsa Guy »

The 03 has the most aggressive lift point. Yes if you are going to change it via them AEM you need to adjust the tuning and "Spoof" the ECU into thinking it's still controlling the lift. However I'd think the Greddy EMU the better choice because it can advance the timing and the AEM can not. However again my understanding the stock is very aggressive with the timing.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
revstohigh

Re: 12 v swiched source from aem fic to controll lift ?

Post by revstohigh »

my aplication is turbocharged so adding timing would blow my motor lol but i posted in engine because the actual question is about the lift only
im aware that the 03 has a sooner engagement point than the other years , hangar111 has a remaped box that can put it to 5700 even lower but i have seen a ton of dyno sheets for this engine with forced induction and they all had the lift hit at 4-4.5k with good results there was a deff increase at the lift point . where as on an n/a aplication it would loose a lot of power and bog
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45