Radiator fan assembly replacement

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
KNINE

Radiator fan assembly replacement

Post by KNINE »

My radiator fan stopped working. The local auto parts stores can't seem to get one any time soon. I guess I'll have to order one. Is there a difference between the Automatiic and manual transmission assemblies? Rock Auto has these assemblies for under $100.00, but I'm skeptical because they're so cheap. Also, why don't they just sell you the fan, instead of the entire shroud assembly????
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
bluneon

Re: Radiator fan assembly replacement

Post by bluneon »

mtx shrouds won't have provisions for the trans cooler lines that the atx requires.
MarkM66

Post by MarkM66 »

Are you sure they're getting power?
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Is this the part you are looking into?

https://www.logical-source.com/2007-PON ... -7216.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

As it turned out, I was able to buy only the motor from a local Toyota dealership. It took them one day to get it from the warehouse. The GM dealership couldn't get one for three days. some of the aoutoparts stores only had the entire shroud assembly listed and they couldn't even get that. Vibe is al better now.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.