Cold air intake on an 09

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
vibe_mike

Cold air intake on an 09

Post by vibe_mike »

I know that nobody makes a Sri or cai for an 09 vibe or matrix, but was able to fit a Fujita Sri from an 09 corolla onto my 09 vibe. Does anyone know if the cai (from the 09 corolla) would fit on the vibe? From the picture it looks like it, but than again the bodies of the 2 cars are totally different, so unsure if the pipe would be the same angle. Has anyone tried it out? Thanks.
vibedrivermatt

Re: Cold air intake on an 09 (vibe_mike)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Hey Mike, Injen makes a cai intake for the 09 corolla. I have bought one of these and modded it a bit to make it fit the 09 vibe. K&N also makes a sri specifically for 09 vibe/matrix. Theres many threads about it around here. I'd like to sell my injen intake for $100 plus shipping. It was used for a couple months and then put back in the box, filter put in a ziploc baggie and then stored in a garage. The box weighs around 3.6 Kg or 8Lbs (pretty light) but Id put it in a bigger box with those plastic pillow when selling it to ensure a safe transit. I dont have a ton of experience selling stuff over the internet so I dont know how much it would cost to ship to toronto from NY where I live but, I'm looking to unload this thing. Perhaps I'll post a thread in the wanted/for sale forum. I can provide pics as well.
vibe_mike

Re: Cold air intake on an 09 (vibedrivermatt)

Post by vibe_mike »

sure, im interested, email me, michael_yuchtman@yahoo.ca and than we can figure things out.thanks
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

OK, but I just realised I forgot to mention the injen cia is only meant 2.4l vibe or matrix. I should let you know before taking a bunch of pics and sending an email.
vibe_mike

Re: Cold air intake on an 09 (vibedrivermatt)

Post by vibe_mike »

ya, mine is a 1.8......so that probably wont work.was there alot of work getting the corolla one to fit your car? cause im sure it would be similar for my car as the body is the same.
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

sure check out my garage thread to see what was involved in modding the 09 2.4l corolla cai to fit the vibe better. Perhaps something similar can be done with other cai's to fit a 09 1.8l vibe. http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=1