Block heater cord

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
PMC

Block heater cord

Post by PMC »

I live in the north where my block heater gets used 20 or 30 times a winter, and today, just a month past the end of my warranty, the cord stopped working (the brittle plastic tends to break in the cold weather, you'd think they'd engineer that better)My dealer put a new bright yellow plug on the end for the grand total cost of $5.95. The dealer can't get the cord on its own, the entire block heater costs $146, which seems pricey for it just needing a new cord, that would normally be like $15Has anyone had just the cord replaced? Know where I can get one? In the mean time I'll just have a yellow tongue sticing out of my vibe!
j42.snyder

Re: Block heater cord (PMC)

Post by j42.snyder »

What year is the Vibe? I know Canadian Tire can get them - I think they were around $30 when I looked it up before. When they had a sale on, I only paid around $40 for the heater with cord together! It works great. I don't know why the stealerships charge so much - all likely made by the same manufacturer...
PMC

Re: Block heater cord (j42.snyder)

Post by PMC »

It's a 2009 vibe. I guess the question is whether the connector between the cord and the plug is the same between what Toyota (er I mean GM) uses and the aftere market.