Auto Chips ECM product

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
gigman

Auto Chips ECM product

Post by gigman »

I have a 2008 Vibe Base, and I want to install a Cosmo Racing SRI, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with an air/fuel mixture product from AutoChipsDirect.com. It's inexpensive (I know, you get what you pay for),about $60.00, but does it actually do anything for performance? Will I have an issue with EPA inspections with either item?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Them directly, no, but all it is is a resistor. It's $60 worth of a less than a dollar resistor. It does nothing for you. I haven't heard or talked to a single person that used on of those that had anything good to say about it. Just a waste of money is all.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
gigman

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by gigman »

Thanks for the heads-up; I suspected as much. Guess I'll take a closer look at that earlier thread for Hop-Up mods totalling under $2000.00!
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Get a Super Charger. Used ones are floating around for less than $2K. Those "chips" are crap!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
skimask

Re: (Salsa Guy)

Post by skimask »

Quote, originally posted by Salsa Guy »Those "chips" are crap!Oh...I don't know about that.I'll bet those "chips" are the most expensive, highest quality resistors a guy can buy