Anyone know if this SRI will fit...

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Blanco_Diablo

Anyone know if this SRI will fit...

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

K&N 69-8600TRWill it fit my base 2006 vibe? K & N said they don't make any that fit base vibes. Sounds wrong to me. Any help is greatly appreciated.They claim it fits an '04 base (see fifth row down at link), any reason it wouldn't fit an '06?http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Anyone know if this SRI will fit... (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Bump, anyone?
hapagan

Post by hapagan »

i thought 03-04s and 05+ had the same engine and components ? it should fit.
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
Kamikaze

Re: (hapagan)

Post by Kamikaze »

you might have to modify it to make it work, but it should work.I'm thinking it has something to do with the DBW, or maybe with the oil breather return line...yeah, thats probably what it is.... that's what I had to do, block the oil breather line off the air intake, and put a breather filter off the head.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Salsa Guy

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by Salsa Guy »

You mean like liks this? See the silver and white filter?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Anyone know if this SRI will fit...

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Thanks all, looks like I missed out on the one I was looking at (someone beat me to it on MO.com) but good to know for future reference.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Here's one from Cosmo that should fit.http://www.cosmoracing.com/pro...=1312There are some cheapies on E-bay that will work (like mine) but you'll end up replacing the filter and coupling and will chost you about the same as a Cosmo.
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (Salsa Guy)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Yep, thanks for the reminder... had that one in the back of my mind for a while... still on the list. Just saw the K&N barely used and cheap so thought about pulling the trigger on it if the fit was more straight-forward.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

The main thing on a CAI or SRI is that the MAF seals correctly. On the stock air intake any hoses before the MAF, or between the MAF-TB and after the TB stay in those positions on the CAI or SRI. The only exception would be the valve cover breather if your TB or CAI/SRI doesn't have a port for it you'll need to add a filter, like mine.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (Salsa Guy)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Gotcha! Thanks man, appreciate the info. Wish more of my fellow genvibers lived in Oregon