sri problem

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ridergonwild5692

sri problem

Post by ridergonwild5692 »

i have a short ram intake from comsmo. i installed it and my car feels like it chokes it self out on top end. it keeps pulling then it makes little jerks like lunges back and forth. i did un hoook my batter for 10 mins and then i let it idle for 5 mins after everything is hooked back up. is it maybe cause my stock exhaust is sitll too restrictive?
Salsa Guy

Re: sri problem (ridergonwild5692)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Did you disconnect BOTH sides of the battery before you installed it? Will it rev above 3000 rpms. If you answered no to both your MAF is fried.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Is the Check Engine Light on?
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
ridergonwild5692

no i did not dissconnect both cable just the power and no engine light. yea it revs right out. drives good just on top end feels weird really weird
keithvibe

Re: (ridergonwild5692)

Post by keithvibe »

so you disconnected the positive side?Why?Should have disconnected the Negative side.Got a photo(s) of your set up?If so please post?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I alwys disconnect both since I fried my MAF. LOL
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

filter is maybe over oiled? is the maf installed in the proper direction and is it fully plugged in? what about the breather tube?
keithvibe

Re: (northvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »filter is maybe over oiled? is the maf installed in the proper direction and is it fully plugged in? what about the breather tube?^^ part of the reason why I asked for posting photos... they go along way to answer issues.The maf could not be seated correctly. You could have buggered the o ring when you reinstalled it.You could have forgot a hose or connected the wrong hose.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ridergonwild5692

i did connect the vacumm hose that goes to my valve cover and i also did install the maf sensor correctly and no i did not even spray the oil on yet. i orderd a k and n dry cover. i undid the positive cause it takes all complete power out i didnt think that the negative or ground mattered. i know it reset my computer and radio must of been right
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Battery: The whole car is grounded to the negative side of the battery. So by removing the negative side first (or only) you remove that path. So now your car is isloted and even if you ground the positive side of the battery to the metal on the car it won't arc/spark. Don't know how many times in the past I grounded the + side of the battery when trying to remove the + cable first. It's better this way. Now back to the SRI issue. Please post some PICs so we can help you. Otherwise we are just taking random guesses .
ridergonwild5692

okay will do asap