Spark plugs & Wires

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
supervibe

Spark plugs & Wires

Post by supervibe »

Hey Vibe enthusiasts. I'm at the 100,000 miles on my 03 GT. Should I be thinking of Changing Spark plugs? Wires? PVC valve? or Is it all good until something gives me issues? What about O2 Sensors?Will I benefit I'm old school not used to these new electronic ,computor controled cars.
Salsa Guy

Re: Spark plugs & Wires (supervibe)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Yea Plugs would be good (Stick with OEM specs), Spark Plug wires?? Well I don't believe you have them. These cars have Coil packs one for each spark plug (at least with my 1zz). You could test and clean the PCV valve and replacing isn't a bad idea and easy. You may want to consider installing an oil catch can which prevents oil vapors from gumming up the Thottle, mainfold, valves and etc (it goes between the PCV valve and throttle). Cleaning the throttle body would help and not a hard job. O2 Sensors can be run until they puke then you'll get some CELs (Check Engine Lights). The plug replacement and throttle body cleaning woulld help improve performance and gas mileage. The PCV valve replacement and Oil catch can will certainly help keeping the engine internals clean.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Coil on boot, no wires - do not change unless it is bad, they are not cheap Stick with NGK or Denso Iridium
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
supervibe

Re: Spark plugs & Wires (ou.grizzly)

Post by supervibe »

Thanks for the info
supervibe

Re: Spark plugs & Wires (rmckinjr)

Post by supervibe »

I will try new plugs, clean the mass air flow, & throttle body, new pvc, l see what happens thanks for the help
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Some engines have a little known filter for the Variable Engine Timing. They get clogged up and affect how the car runs, most Toyota dealers should carry them, Pontiac seems to be unaware that they exist.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42494Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
supervibe

Re: Spark plugs & Wires (djkeev)

Post by supervibe »

Wow NEVER HEARD of such a thing. Got to see if there is one on my 03 GTThanks
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by supervibe »Wow NEVER HEARD of such a thing. Got to see if there is one on my 03 GTThanks Hey I sent you some PMs are you blocking them?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Herb

Post by Herb »

Oh and if you have to replace your coil packs the best price I was able to find was here:http://search.store.yahoo.net/...om%2F
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
supervibe

Re: Spark plugs & Wires (rmckinjr)

Post by supervibe »

No blockage here that I know of