Aftermarket Performance Header

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
GAPnedo

Aftermarket Performance Header

Post by GAPnedo »

I just started to upgrade my 2003 Vibe GT with some bolt on aftermarket parts and Im looking to purchase a header next. After some research, Ive decided to go with the DC Sports Header, but since its not listed for the Vibe, Im looking for it under the Matrix XRS. However, I want to make sure that I purchase the exact fit. Any help with the DC Sports Part Number, from Vibe GT owners, who have this Header would be greatly appreciated.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT: Shadow color; Dark tinted windows; 17" Racing Hart rims; Weapon-R/Secret Weapon; Magna Flow catback...more too come
03VibeOttawa

Re: Aftermarket Performance Header (GAPnedo)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Everyone I've talked to has told me that the stock manifold is better than the aftermarket ones for the 2ZZ in the GT...I'm sure some GT owners will provide input soon.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

yes, most just port and polish the stock one... it flows better than the dc. It was proven by a member on MO that it actually reduced HP
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Herb

Post by Herb »

I know that Boosted 2.0 was looking at porting/polishing the existing headers again sooncheck out this thread:http://www.newcelica.org/forum...15089
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header