Wierd noise

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
04chargedvibe

Wierd noise

Post by 04chargedvibe »

I've searched on the site for this and I haven't come up with an answer. This only happens when my engine is cold. When I start it up then put it in drive I hear a noise that sounds like a rock hitting a tin can. I've never heard it before and I'm not really sure where its coming from. Any ideas?
epcIII

Re: Wierd noise (04chargedvibe)

Post by epcIII »

Reverse also?Mine made a similar noise and I had the belt tensioner pulley replaced and that fixed it.Good luck!
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

most likely it's a heat shield rattling, very common
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
cptnsolo77

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Thats what in thinking...heat sheild.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
04chargedvibe

Post by 04chargedvibe »

Ill have a look at the pulley and i would have checked the heat shield but i dont have one. i have a dc header on. im going to take a closer look today since im off work. ill let yall know if i find out anything.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (04chargedvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

on my 03 AWD, it was a heat shield over the transmission that was the culprit, surely you have one of those. (yes, i called you shirly)
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »(yes, i called you shirly)WoW drunkenmaxx... haven't seen you online in ages. WB
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

oddly enough, Leslie Nielson died shortly after i posted that