Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ibeng

Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix

Post by ibeng »

Hi.. I'm ibeng from Indonesia , I just got Toyota Voltz 2003 Automatic transmistion, and i want to replace clutch and SERPENTINE belt for engine.But I have some question need to be answer, whether there are similarities among parts item for toyota Voltz , Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix....?means can i buy parts items of Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe for my car Toyota Voltz ...? Realy , I actually lay about spare parts of Toyota Voltz, I hope in this forum many think I can learn about this car, where i can buy some parts ,how to maintanance , and etc. And I thank the previous , for your attention on my topic.Regardsibeng Bandung-West JavaIndonesia
joatmon

Re: Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix (ibeng)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by ibeng »Hi.. I'm ibeng from Indonesia , I just got Toyota Voltz 2003 Automatic transmistion, and i want to replace clutch and SERPENTINE belt for engine.But I have some question need to be answer, whether there are similarities among parts item for toyota Voltz , Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix....? Internal engine parts should bnen the same for 2003 Vibes, Matrixes, Voltz's, and Corollas.THe serpentine belt is not the same for all of those. The HVAC system is slightly different between Matrix and Vibe, including the AC compressor, which has a different size pulley. This means that the serpentine belt is close, but slightly different length between Vibe and Matrix. I think you would want a Vibe belt, but am not sure. I've got a 2003 Matrix and a 2003 Vibe in the driveway today, when it stops raining I'll see if I can figure out a way to tell the difference betweeen the Vibe and Matrix AC compressor pulley sizes.The other one, I don't understand. You say you have an automatic transmission, and want to replace the clutch. Usually that means the clutch between the engine and transmission in a manual transmission car, since automatic transmission cars do not have them. Are you having transmission problems, or did you mean a different part, perhaps the AC compressor clutch?
joatmon

Re: Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix (ibeng)

Post by joatmon »

There is a difference in the AC comnpressor pulleys.The Matrix one is about 5 1/8 " diameter (~13 cm), the Vibe is about 4 1/4 " diameter (~11 cm) Those measurements are not exact, I have a hard time getting my hands down in there.There are also differences in appearance, as shwon in this pictureThe two pictures on the left side are from a matrix, the two from the right side of the picture are from a Vibe. Both 2003. You can see there is more to the AC compressor clutch on the Matrix, and the line feeding the Vibe compressor has an extra bottle thing the matrix doesn't. So I'd say compare the picture with your Voltz, see which one matches, if it matches the Matrix, buy a belt for a Matrix, if it matches the Vibe, buy a belt for a Vibe

Attached files
ibeng

Re: Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix (joatmon)

Post by ibeng »

Thank you a lot for your explanation, I'must cek my engine first and will be match with your picture to replace my Fan belt, sorry you had trouble to give sample picture for me from different car , thank's again. Another think, about clutch , do you means automatic transmision do not have clutch ,sorry i really do not know .....Any way I'm greatfull for your help and information,In Time will come I hope , you will still give me another information if I have another engine parts , replacing proses ..etc question to you. RegardsIbeng
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

manual transmissions use a mechanical clutch to engage/disengage the transmission, automatic transmission s use hydraulic fluid to loosely couple the engine and transmission, and to automatically shift gears. It's a bit to explain, and it might be better if you can find a local mechanic to explain it, because it can get complicated, and confused in translation.howstuffworks.com is a good reference, look through these sections thereAutomatic transmission - http://auto.howstuffworks.com/...n.htmManual Transmission - http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission.htmClutches - http://auto.howstuffworks.com/clutch.htm
ibeng

Re: Asking engine parts for Toyota Voltz , whether the same with Vibe and Toyota Matrix (joatmon)

Post by ibeng »

This My belt type. If I just with picture you send to me, I hope not wrong van belt type of my car have like Toyota Matrix.... please corret me if I'm wrong......

Attached files