Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
StuckWithThis1.8

Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams?

Post by StuckWithThis1.8 »

I have been wanting some more power for my 1ZZ motor. I was really hoping on doing cams for the car but have been unable to find anything. Wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes something for this motor. If not what else could I do to get some serious power?
07 1.8 VVT-i 1ZZ-FELooking for power to put in this hatchback *****!
BlueCrush

Re: Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams? (StuckWithThis1.8)

Post by BlueCrush »

My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Raven

Post by Raven »

Serious power?Shoulda bought a V8.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I am pretty happy I am "stuck" with this 1.8.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
beemerphile1

Re: Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams? (Raven)

Post by beemerphile1 »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Serious power?Shoulda bought a V8. My thoughts also. It doesn't seem very productive to buy an economy car and then try to make it a performance car. My 1.8L has all the power I need.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
joatmon

Re: Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams? (beemerphile1)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by beemerphile1 » My thoughts also. It doesn't seem very productive to buy an economy car and then try to make it a performance car. while I tend to agree I think the VIbe is cool fun car, and it would be nice at times to have some serious zip in it. I bought mine for the mpgs and the interior room, but there are a lot of people who put a lot of time and effort into adding power to cars. On these, it seems forced induction gives the best results but other things add some for less extensive or expensive mods. Intakes, exhaust, not much talk about performance cams though.
Sublimewind

Re: Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams? (Raven)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Serious power?Shoulda bought a V8.Yeah, you are driving the wrong car dude... lol... not to be a jerk, but most of us that has a HP fetish, drive other cars for it... lol...
damronjr

Re: Looking for some good HP. Thinking cams? (Sublimewind)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Yeah, you are driving the wrong car dude... lol... not to be a jerk, but most of us that has a HP fetish, drive other cars for it... lol... Or traded it in for a car with power and then added to that! And as far as V-8s being the only cars with power, my 2.0T 4cyl is putting down plenty and still gets great gas mileage if I drive it like a normal person!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!