CAI and Projectors

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Amtron

CAI and Projectors

Post by Amtron »

I've put a few mods on my Vibe in the past couple of months, so here are some pictures of them I just took!Cosmo Racing cold air intake installed.Retrofit projectors.Ballasts for projectors.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Yeah you finally got the projectors installed!!!! Looking good!!What is the switch for that you had wired sitting on the edge of your battery?
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
SublimeVibe

Post by SublimeVibe »

Lookin good .How are the projectors working out for you, any issues with them ?
2003 VibeAWD Envy(sublime)wCharcoalPower pkg.Enkei EVO5 Hyper Black 07/08Vibe floor matsMud flaps Hood DeflectorLimo tint on rear and side windowsstainless steel insterts
keithvibe

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by keithvibe »

Looking great buddy..Almost 6months... lol I don't think i could have waited that long to do the install.Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »Yeah you finally got the projectors installed!!!! Looking good!!What is the switch for that you had wired sitting on the edge of your battery?He mentioned this in another thread, he has his halo's wired to the switch, temp though. Till he figures out where he wants to wire the halo's to.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Ahh gotcha. Yeah i bet if I looked in his garage i could have figured that out. Obviously since it was a holiday yesterday, my brain took a holiday as well
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
WhiteFiver

Post by WhiteFiver »

Looks pretty good man! What would really set it off, in my opinion, is if you busted those lights apart, and painted the chrome surrounds with black. Would clean up the front-end and match the color.
2008 G5. K&N SRI, 16x7 Akita AK-7, Painting, CCFL Projectors, tinted tails.2004 Vibe Base, 160,xxx KM, 37,xxx KM on motor
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I'd have to agree... not that I'm partial to the black headlamps though lol
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Where did you get the projectors from?
keithvibe

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »Where did you get the projectors from?me
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
DiveNut

Re: CAI and Projectors (Amtron)

Post by DiveNut »

Looks good.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
Amtron

Re: (SublimeVibe)

Post by Amtron »

Sorry for the delayed responses guys.Quote, originally posted by SublimeVibe »Lookin good .How are the projectors working out for you, any issues with them ?Nope, no issues at all with them. No flicker no nothing, and I didn't disable DRL.Quote, originally posted by WhiteFiver »Looks pretty good man! What would really set it off, in my opinion, is if you busted those lights apart, and painted the chrome surrounds with black. Would clean up the front-end and match the color.I was going to do that, but I didn't want to screw around too much with the headlights themselves. I was also sort of sketch about doing it because I couldn't find any pics of it done before, so I didn't want to do it and not have it look the way I want it. I think if I did it again, I would paint it.Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Looks good. Thanks a lot!
waveresponder

Re: (Amtron)

Post by waveresponder »

looks good Amtron ...now go take apart your nose grills and with a spraycan of Krylon for plastic paint them black!
Amtron

Re: (waveresponder)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »looks good Amtron ...now go take apart your nose grills and with a spraycan of Krylon for plastic paint them black! I think I probably wuold have done that, but unfortunately my car doesn't even have a nose anymore because it crashed into a dividing wall...