questions...

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
cp_stunna_2011

questions...

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

what is fuel injection? is there aftermarket fuel injection? Ive looked through the forums but ouldnt find anything really solid on it....except for the howstuffworks link....im still kinda out there on the whole thing...maybe someones simple explanantion would help...is there aftermarket fuel injection? like her it has multiple choices for what CAI to get but it says fuel injection on the second choice and below, but the first one it does not...confusing huh? and then it says aspiration, what the heck is that?
Baby Blue
cp_stunna_2011

Re: questions... (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

would this only work with OEM air intake? http://www.carparts.com/TORNAD...8.car
Baby Blue
breezd

Post by breezd »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »would this only work with OEM air intake? http://www.carparts.com/TORNAD...8.cardon't waste your money with that thing. it will do absolutely nothing for you.As for the other questions... I really don't know how to explain the answers. So I'll leave that to someone else.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
THE VIBERATOR

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »what is fuel injection? is there aftermarket fuel injection? Ive looked through the forums but ouldnt find anything really solid on it....except for the howstuffworks link....im still kinda out there on the whole thing...maybe someones simple explanantion would help...is there aftermarket fuel injection? like her it has multiple choices for what CAI to get but it says fuel injection on the second choice and below, but the first one it does not...confusing huh? and then it says aspiration, what the heck is that?To answer your question about the fuel injection booster, it's not going to do anything for you. It says "aspiration" because that stands for what type of engine it is, either naturally aspirated or forced induction (which would mean turbo or supercharged engine). There are 5 types of fuel injection, spread across both domestic and foreign automakers. All cars use fuel injection, whether you see it in the description or not. Here are the 5 types of fuel injection:Direct Injection: Used mainly on diesel engines and some recent gasoline engines.Multi-point Fuel Injection: Used on all vehicles with an Electronic fuel system. Central Port Injection: Used by General MotorsContinuous Injection: Used between 1974 and the mid 1990s by BMW, Lambourghini, Ferrari, Mercedez-Benz, Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Ford, Saab, DeLorean, and Volvo.Throttle Body Injection: Developed into MPFI (see above) and was used between 1980 and 1995 in American light trucks and passenger cars as well as transition-engined European cars in the early and mid 1990s. I hope that helps
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
jake75

Re: questions... (THE VIBERATOR)

Post by jake75 »

The most important thing about fuel injection is to know that it shoots fuel out with such force that it will penetrate body parts such as fingers, hands etc. Amputation is then the required course of treatment.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
THE VIBERATOR

Re: questions... (jake75)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »The most important thing about fuel injection is to know that it shoots fuel out with such force that it will penetrate body parts such as fingers, hands etc. Amputation is then the required course of treatment. LOL!!Might I add that as far as I know, there are no extreme forms of aftermarket fuel injection. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
cp_stunna_2011

Re: questions... (THE VIBERATOR)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok thanx
Baby Blue