Throttle body spacer.. actually work ???

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Sull

Throttle body spacer.. actually work ???

Post by Sull »

I saw one dude on cardomain had one of these throttle body spacers on his vibe/matrix, do they actually give you more horsepower/better gas millage.. as they say ?Here is a link to one I found quick on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...32562I know there are a couple brands around. heres one for my vibe http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/SPE97185.htm
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
scherry2

Re: Throttle body spacer.. actually work ??? (Sull)

Post by scherry2 »

some say yes some say no. Me I have one and I feel as though it does both, give a little more pep and better mileage.
BlueCrush

Re: Throttle body spacer.. actually work ??? (Sull)

Post by BlueCrush »

If you decide to get one go thru here to get it with the Genvibe discount: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24144
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I had one, thought it made a tiny difference. for $50 or so it wasnt a bad purchase.
Raven

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Raven »

Pretty expensive paper weight if you ask me. Put the money towards a DC Sport header after you get the Magnaflow. That you will truly feel!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Id say get a bored TB. I got mine done and that was a mod you could tell did something as well.
kevera

Re: (Raven)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Pretty expensive paper weight if you ask me. Put the money towards a DC Sport header,That you will truly feel!I totally agree.Has anyone ever dyno proved the spacer actually works??
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Sull

Post by Sull »

Alright thanks for the info!I guess next will be the DC sports header.
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
northvibe

Re: (kevera)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I totally agree.Has anyone ever dyno proved the spacer actually works??If anyone did its like a 1hp thing I mean it was a slight notice, I think I did it more for mpg. But once I put my cai on I took it off as I didnt want to cut the cai pipe. But in theory it is moving the TB away from the IM which even thought its plastic transfer heat. I mean the concept of it on paper works sorta.
THE VIBERATOR

Re: (northvibe)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

I have one. It added a good 10-15 ft lbs of torque to my vibe. I felt it was noticeably stronger down low. It did add some fuel economy, but not enough to really make a difference.
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

i bought one of these helix throttle body spacer thing for my accord long time ago. i don't notice any improvement in mpg or anything but it gave a nice sound and if you hit the throttle and let go at a certain point it'll give that turbo bov sound lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black