would this work?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
cp_stunna_2011

would this work?

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

would this work on an 03 base vibe, and not a stick shift? where else can i get one compatible for the vibe i have ( 03 base ) http://www.ptuning.com/html/It...=Vibe
Baby Blue
keithvibe

Re: would this work? (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by keithvibe »

would what work?? do you see the search option in the upper right hand corner in bold?i suggest you start there before you start anymore nonsence threads.thanks
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

The ad clearly states it is for a GT, so no it will not work for the base. SEARCH much?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (BlueCrush)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yeah i did a search, not much on an intake on an 03 base vibe at alll...or you cna prove me wrong and i will accept the fact that i am a complete moron incapable of using the search feature, lol
Baby Blue
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

cosmoinjenk+naemebay
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (keithvibe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok, good help, and to make matters worse im a noob and have no idea the differenz r what 1zz means compared to 2zz or any of that stuff.
Baby Blue
BlueCrush

Re: would this work? (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

aFeWeapon-R
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kevera

Post by kevera »

1zz=your motor2zz=GT motorLook around the different categories on the main page here,before you get flamed.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (kevera)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

flamed?
Baby Blue
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »flamed?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (BlueCrush)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok...
Baby Blue
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Ben, It looks like you're asking about cold air intakes. You said it was a 2003, and not a stick shift, so that means that it isn't a GT. The 2003-2008 GT's had a six speed manual transmission and a different engine than the base and AWD's, and the difference matters when buying a CAI The base engine is often referred to by it's engine code of "1ZZ", the GT has the "2ZZ" engine (in the 2003-2008 model years) I haven't installed a CAI, don't know off the top of my head if there are different ones needed for base auto tranny, base manual tranny, and AWD. But you need one for the 1ZZ engine, base auto tranny. I'd think people here would be glad to see someone asking about performance mods instead of another gas mileage thread. There are people here who are very familiar with all kinds of Vibe details (which is why you came here inthe first place), sometimes we forget that not everybody shares the same knowledge. I think someone was trying to point out that you posted a link to an intake for a GT, but that you would need a similar but different one.The search here won't let you search for three letter words, so you can't search for things like CAI, SRI (short ram intake), a number of other things that would be useful to seach for as well. So if you tried to search fo CAI, you'd have gotten no results. There are a lot of discussions about CAIs, sometimes it's hard to find them though. IT helps to get creative with the search. There are 180 threads that have the word "intake" in the title. There's been more than a few times where this site's search has made me feel like a moron, so don't let that bother you. So try that, see if you can find one of the older threads where people were discussing which intake to get. THere are a few respected name brands of intakes people here seem to favor, I think some of those have been posted in the replies you've gotten so far. There is a good thread Poor Man's Complete Performance Mod Guide for the 1ZZ-FE(Vibe Base & AWD) for Under $1200 It lists some of the less expensive things you can do to get more power out of Vibes. Another really good thread is The Great How-To Modification Index! It lis an index of threads that provide information and instructions on how to accomplish a wide variety of modifications. There's one on Cold Air intakes in that list, woudl be a good one to see what is involved in installing a CAI.THere's another good site, http://www.urbandictionary.com I use it a lot to look up internet jargon. I remember the first time I saw the term IMHO (in my humble/honest opinion) was in an email whhere someone replied to me by saying "Well, IMHO, I think ..." and I got all bent thinking they were insulting me by calling me an imho, whatever that was, really pissed me off even though I didn't know what it meant. When I found out, well, it made a difference. Not necesarily the case here though, that site defines flamed as "being attacked online/on a forum.to be flamed.usually overly harsh, and often using references to personal information.flames are an unfortunate, but inevitable, element of unmoderated (or user moderated)forums. often done "anon""There's generally a low tolerance for flaming here, we're usually a friendly and helpful bunch. If you do run into it, don't take it personal, some people are just like that. They are trying to help, in their own way. I think you'll find this place is a lot better than many other forums out there in the wilds of the interweb.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (joatmon)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

wow i think you have steered me in the right direction, i will try your links and to do a little more reading. I dont know hot to thank you enough.
Baby Blue
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 » I dont know hot to thank you enough. stick your tongue out at the other posters. lol oh yea welcome to GenVibe. I have an Injen intake on my 03' automatic.
bodhi_tree777

Re: would this work? (scherry2)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »stick your tongue out at the other posters. lol oh yea welcome to GenVibe. I have an Injen intake on my 03' automatic.yeah, people will give you grief sometimes if you're asking about a common topic, but for the most part this is a very helpful community that you've come across. Check out the various forums and you'll soak up a lot of info. Welcome.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
ClunkClunk

Re: would this work? (joatmon)

Post by ClunkClunk »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I remember the first time I saw the term IMHO (in my humble/honest opinion) was in an email whhere someone replied to me by saying "Well, IMHO, I think ..." and I got all bent thinking they were insulting me by calling me an imho, whatever that was, really pissed me off even though I didn't know what it meant.Hah! You IMHO! I like that one.The one that really confused me at first was IANAL. I thought it was someone describing a sexual act that they enjoyed, but it really stands for I Am Not A Lawyer. Useful when discussing the law and you want someone to take what you say with a grain of salt as you only play a lawyer on TV, not one in real life.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
cp_stunna_2011

Re: would this work? (ClunkClunk)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

so you have an injen intake on your vibe, what did you do abotu the sensors attatched to the stock filter thingy ( sorry for lack of terms ) you think you could expand on this for me, exactly what happened
Baby Blue
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

anyone know what do with the sensors attached to the OE air filter when you put an Aftermarket CAI and filter on? also what is the difference between a short ram intake and cold air intake? what does it replace on a stock engine
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Your MAF sensor will go into the intake you put on your car. All the intakes have a spot for you to put it. A short ram is an intake that has the filter in the engine bay. A full CAI will route the intake down near your foglight, for a colder intake charge. I have had both, and I like the short ram better. I feel it gives slightly better throttle response, and I love the ease of cleaning the filter.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (ajflan)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

so short ram intake it is, how much did that run you? and the short ram intakes have a spot for the sensor too right? and last where did you get it?
Baby Blue
ajflan

Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by ajflan »

Cosmo racing is the cheapest way to go, and they are pretty good quality as well. Check out cosmoracing.com. The short ram is about 100 bucks. And yes, ALL intakes have a spot for the sensor.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok so cosmo racing, and other any other brands that would work well to?
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Dude just look for anything online. As long as its made for our car, it will fit, be it Cosmo, AEM, K&N, etc. I just gave you the option that is the best deal.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok thanx man, much appreciate all the help and patients. i hope i dont (removed) you oof with the questions.
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Your fine no worries. Everybody has to learn sometime.
cp_stunna_2011

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok would this work on my 03 base vibe? http://www.cosmoracing.com/pro...d=813
Baby Blue
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

It should.
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

funny thats not a short ram, but a pulley.Guess you got side tracked.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: Re: (keithvibe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yeah it is lol, but the short ram and the cold air intake and the pulley are the only thing offered by cosmo racing for the vibe, so i thought i would ask about it
Baby Blue
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

cp_stunna_2011

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

yeah, lol i have to make it smaller haha
Baby Blue
cp_stunna_2011

Would this work?

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

Baby Blue
cp_stunna_2011

Re: Would this work? (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

how about these? what would you experienced vibe people say? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories
Baby Blue
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

You would be FAR better off with the Teins, than you would the Skunk 2's... There are numinous accounts of the S2's being really bouncy (higher spring rates) There are many people here running the Teins.. They will do ok on the factory struts/shocks.. But it will less the lifespan... Then if you could upgrade to like a KYB AGX strut/shock combo, you'd have dampening adjustability.. and it would be a great handling and riding combo..
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

skunk 2's are cheap cheap ones and ride like crap.You'd be better off with just springs or some decent coilovers.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: (northvibe)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

ok so i think im getting the hang of it, i get a better final outcome if i get tein or canuck springs and some random nice struts like the ones that sublime said earlier?
Baby Blue
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »ok so i think im getting the hang of it, i get a better final outcome if i get tein or canuck springs and some random nice struts like the ones that sublime said earlier?Sorta... I don't know what you mean by "canuck" springs, but the Tiens are actually engineered for the car.. But, not necessarily the stock struts/shocks... The KYB suggestion isn't as random as you might think, they are a very nice budget set of struts/shocks.. very much like Tokico D-specs.. They would also work with the springs FAR better than the stockers.. You could actually net some amazing handling, for not a lot of bread.. I know at one point when the WRX first came out, they where using a Ground Control coil over kit (much like the Skunk 2, but far better engineering) with the KYB AGX struts, and with R compound tires, they where getting handling numbers rivaling that of full race prepped cars... but on DD cars...!!!So really, YES, if you do the research first (like you are doing now) you will achieve a much better final outcome, than if you just bought parts, not knowing the FULL story....