Chirpping!

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Platinum76

Chirpping!

Post by Platinum76 »

I have the most annoying chirrping noise coming from the drivers side rear of the engine. (05 base model) It only does it at idle. and more so in gear. however the noise will fade and sometimes stop if it idles long enough. Anyone had this problem ?
NUBlackshirts

Re: Chirpping! (Platinum76)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Could it be the Variable Switching Valve? I know mine was more noticeable after I installed the K&N Typhoon intake.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
THE VIBERATOR

Re: Chirpping! (NUBlackshirts)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

It sounds like a small supercharger, correct? Especially under a full load
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
Platinum76

Re: Chirpping! (THE VIBERATOR)

Post by Platinum76 »

yeah "sounds" like a supercharger (dont i wish). lts only at idle. as soon as the rpms go up, even from turning the wheel it stops. and like i said it will fade the longer in idles. i noticed it last summer a lil bit and now its really bad, especially when i'm in a drive through or something. its really annoying >
Truckin1999

Post by Truckin1999 »

How many miles do you have? Do you have an auto tranny? If so check the fluid level and make sure its clean and doesn't stink. Sometimes the pumps will chirp when going bad.
-Sean Cummings--Crushed Blue Steel Motorsports-06' GT, Abyss, Leather, M&T, Tint, Roof Spoiler, Magnaflow Cat-Back, K&N Short Ram modified for ram-air, S-Tech's, 18" KV5 Wheels, SLP Ram-Air Hood, paint matched headlights, strut tower brace.Now Making Custom Vibe Sub Enclosures
Platinum76

Re: (Truckin1999)

Post by Platinum76 »

104k. and its auto, fluid is clean. i have drained and filled it about every 20 k. So if the pump is going, does that mean i'll need a new tranny, or is it something that can be repaired?
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

sure it's chirpping and not a Tick-tick-tick sound? If it's a tick-tick-tick-tick-tick sound that Mostly goes away.. that is normal that the vsv
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Platinum76

Re: Chirpping! (keithvibe)

Post by Platinum76 »

no its definately a chirping/whistling sound.
Platinum76

Post by Platinum76 »

and i just noticed that it does not make the noise at all while in reverse.