Want loud exhaust :)

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
dmitri

Want loud exhaust :)

Post by dmitri »

Screw the whole sleeper thing i already have a 79 malibu for my sleeper...I want a loud car Anyone know what cat backs are loud and maybe a little buzzy, but not like straight pipes? I was thinking if there arent any available systems to maybe buy a universal HKS muffler or R1 muffler and get 2.5 inch cat back piping done at meineke. Can anyone help?
d_m_kolb

Re: Want loud exhaust :) (dmitri)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Check out Flowmaster. You'll be very happy and have a very deep performance sound. Not the fart can noise you hear on Hondas
savedbyzero

Re: Want loud exhaust :) (Admin II)

Post by savedbyzero »

The Flows aren't loud. Magnaflow will definitely get loud. Mine on my sunfire burnt out. I could hardly stand it. I put a resonator in front of it to quite it down. Could be an option...
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
dmitri

Re: Want loud exhaust :) (Admin II)

Post by dmitri »

borla is usually noted with being a quiet performance exhaust. I have borla on my camaro and its loud but not loud like i like Anyone have any other ideas? maybe like a R1 bomb muffler with a custom cat back? anyone know? also, which magnaflow...they have universals like the mufflers with tips, and they have the regular muffler.