How to adjust clutch pedal

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
chanamazala

How to adjust clutch pedal

Post by chanamazala »

Just bought a lovely 03 GT yesterday. I noticed that the clutch engages about 1 inch from the floor - which I believe is a sign of decent clutch life remaining. While the feel is slightly abnormal and I can get used to it, I'd rather make the adjustment and bring the engagement point up slightly.When test driving, I forgot to test the cruise control. Bad news is that CC doesn't work. The good news is that the clutch pedal doesn't throw out far enough to press the CC button. So my problems are related.I hope and believe this is a very simple fix. Can someone talk me through adjusting the pedal outward? Much appreciated!
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

welcome to the family. im suprised im hitting this first. as far as i know your out of luck. everyone hates the stock gt clutch.
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
THE VIBERATOR

Re: How to adjust clutch pedal (chanamazala)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

personally the cruise control switch is a very small thing. All it does is floor the gas while staying at the same speed. I'd rather modulate gas than do that.
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
b03matrix

Post by b03matrix »

You can adjust the bolt in or out from the top o the picture (between the clutch pedal and the floor).http://img.photobucket.com/alb...1.jpg
chanamazala

Re: How to adjust clutch pedal (b03matrix)

Post by chanamazala »

Thanks for the replies.First one: Thankfully the clutch in this car has been replaced 9k miles before I bought it! Secondly , I do appreciate cruise control for longer drives. A little piece of cardboard and a bit of tape brought the CC button in far enough to engage it.And to the third response, I suspected those two nuts would be used for adjusting the clutch throw. What I'm not sure about is if making this adjustment will affect other aspects of the auto-adjusting clutch. (I've read elsewhere that these are autoadjusting...true that??) I was hoping someone would offer a bit of confidence that adjusting those two nuts would lengthen the throw w/o upsetting the clutch adjustment. I'll give it a go.Thanks all!
b03matrix

Post by b03matrix »

I'm not sure about auto-adjusting clutch. I think you can adjust the clutch pedal to your taste. Just make sure that when you hit the clutch pedal: Easy to shift, change gear and the engine rpm doesn't change.