Need Help :(

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
mozafari

Need Help :(

Post by mozafari »

basics:2005 pontiac vibeabout 70k milesautomaticproblem:every so often, the gas pedal will give up while i'm driving. the engine will still run and everything like normal, except when i press on the gas, nothing happens. no rev'ing, no acceleration, nothing. i have to turn the car off and turn it back on for it to work.pleeeease help. tell me what's wrong. thanks
CountryVibe

Re: Need Help :( (mozafari)

Post by CountryVibe »

Have to tried to reset the ECU?the throttle body on the 05 are electric and could not be sending the right signals , also might want to check the wires to see if any are loose,It that does not fix the problem the throttle body control module might be going bad.
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

welcome to the board.i'm not sure what the solution could be but i'll add to Country Vibe's post. to reset the ECU just unplug the battery for 15-20 minutes