Throttle body pacer installed

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Shadow-Vibe

Throttle body pacer installed

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

I just recently installed the throttle body spacer on the wife's car since it was sitting around and I never put it on mine since it scared me to have to cut the cold air intake. Anyway since installing it I have received about 50 more miles to a tank of gas. I'm in real bad need of a oil change and hope this will help also. I thought this might help some people that are trying to get the most for their money with the gas prices going up every day.
ToolGuy

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (Shadow-Vibe)

Post by ToolGuy »

Wait, 50 more miles! It is a TB spacer right, so I am confused as to what was cut.Can you tell me who makes this or a link?Thanks,
northvibe

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (ToolGuy)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ToolGuy »Wait, 50 more miles! It is a TB spacer right, so I am confused as to what was cut.Can you tell me who makes this or a link?Thanks,he has a CAI so if he added it to his vibe, he would have to cut 1" off the cai pipe to make it fit. On a stock intake or sri you dont need to cut anything. I had a TB spacer on my car before the TRD cai and i thought it helped too... for the price of a tank of gas its worth it just in case it does add mpg cuz it will repay itself over time.
ToolGuy

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (northvibe)

Post by ToolGuy »

OK now I see North! I just may look into the spacer for my Vibe. We love to see how much per tank we can get.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »I had a TB spacer on my car before the TRD cai and i thought it helped too... for the price of a tank of gas its worth it just in case it does add mpg cuz it will repay itself over time.So what did you do with your spacer after you removed it?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Shadow-Vibe

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (ToolGuy)

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

Yeah I didn't want to cut the TRD intake so with the wife's car that is bone stock, I slipped it in. That is the only mod since she didn't like how my Vibe drove (suspension work).
northvibe

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (K-NINE)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »So what did you do with your spacer after you removed it?sold it to someone on the forum here......
rsaxman

Post by rsaxman »

what spacer are you using? Will this work for DBW?
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »sold it to someone on the forum here......that would be me and its still installed. helps me get around 30 mpg avg.
Shadow-Vibe

Re: Throttle body pacer installed (rsaxman)

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

I bought the one off of BC's Poor Man's Complete Performance Mod Guide for the 1ZZ-FE. It is the Helix.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Shadow-Vibe » I bought the one off of BC's Poor Man's Complete Performance Mod Guide for the 1ZZ-FE. It is the Helix.Yup. You can use the code listed there to get $10 off the sale price.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hmmm maybe for my sisters bday I'll get her one...
KNINE

Re: (northvibe)

Post by KNINE »

So, somebody explain to me how this spacer improves gas milage.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

heres the link to the purchase site, they have an explaination on what it does and how it helpshttp://wheelskin.com/spe-97185.htmlwhy wouldn't these work on 05+ vibes? is our TB different?
Scootman!

Post by Scootman! »

Is a throttle body spacer similar to the tornado fuel saving system?
coldmm803

Post by coldmm803 »

no, the tornado goes in the intake and supposedly funnels the air kinda makes it have more of a smooth flow. the tb spacer basically does the opposite, it takes the air that comes out of the intake and is supposed to make the air more rough. so when the air gets into the cylinder it fills the area more fully instead of being shot in and confined to a smaller area.
WD0AFQ

Post by WD0AFQ »

I installed one of these on my 2000 GMC. Wasted my money. Could not tell it did a thing.I'd like to see some before and after mpg measurements someone has on a Vibe.dan
Dan GreggDexter, Mo.03 GThttp://www.danandteri.blogspot.com
Shadow-Vibe

Re: (WD0AFQ)

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

Before I put the spacer on I was running about 300 miles per tank of gas, after installing I gained almost 50 more miles out of a tank of gas.
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

Throttle body spacers were designed for carb'd vehicles, I wouldn't think they would do anything on an fi vehicle...
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

well many people have noticed a difference so its hard to say , when theres evidence. I noticed it with mine when i had it too, not like 100 miles more a tank but whatever any more is better than none.