Will the Injen hydroshield fit the Cosmo CAI?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
sagekai

Will the Injen hydroshield fit the Cosmo CAI?

Post by sagekai »

I'm very satisfied with the hydro shield on my Injen CAI and I want to get my dad a Cosmo CAI for his birthday next month... I'm wondering if the same size Injen hydroshield that I got for my CAI will work on the Cosmo... Thanks!
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
keithvibe

Re: Will the Injen hydroshield fit the Cosmo CAI? (sagekai)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by sagekai »I'm very satisfied with the hydro shield on my Injen CAI and I want to get my dad a Cosmo CAI for his birthday next month... I'm wondering if the same size Injen hydroshield that I got for my CAI will work on the Cosmo... Thanks!The hydrosheild will not fit the stock cone shaped cosmo CAI.. you will need to upgrade to a better filter such as the AEM dryflow in order to get the correct Injen hydrosheild to fit
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

hmmmm... this is turning out to be a bit more expensive than i foresaw- from what I found the AEM filter runs for around $50... so theres no hydroshield or similar product made that would fit the cosmo?
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

mmm well there are many different sized hydroshields, you may have to measure your filter and see which one will fit.
keithvibe

Re: (northvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

measure the cosmo filter.. and cross reference it to herehttp://www.autoanything.com/ai....aspxyou will see it won't fit. I went threw what you are going threw when I bought my cosmo intake. I upgraded the filter to a AEM and got the hydroshield to fit the dryflow.. and i can tell you this it was worth every penny. I just checked my AEM filter after being on the car for a full year... and it looks brand new I can still see threw it with out any problems. There wasn't one speck of dirt in it, that I could see.The hydroshield keeps the filter cleaner longer and helps prevent your filter from being soaked when you hit a large puddle. IT WILL NOT KEEP IT FROM HYDROLOCKING your car.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yeah i bought a hydroshield for my trd cai....deff wont fit the TRD cai filter. but idk what other sizes they make.
sagekai

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by sagekai »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »measure the cosmo filter.. and cross reference it to herehttp://www.autoanything.com/ai....aspxyou will see it won't fit. I went threw what you are going threw when I bought my cosmo intake. I upgraded the filter to a AEM and got the hydroshield to fit the dryflow.. and i can tell you this it was worth every penny. I just checked my AEM filter after being on the car for a full year... and it looks brand new I can still see threw it with out any problems. There wasn't one speck of dirt in it, that I could see.The hydroshield keeps the filter cleaner longer and helps prevent your filter from being soaked when you hit a large puddle. IT WILL NOT KEEP IT FROM HYDROLOCKING your car.So none of the different sizes of hydroshields will fit the Cosmo? (Sorry if I'm being a brick here but I'm just desperate to make this work lol) I don't have the Cosmo intake yet, so I don't know the measurements on it.Assuming I stop being stubborn and give in to going the AEM+hydroshield route, would I be looking to get the 2.25" Dryflow Air Filter Short Neck 5" Element?Re: The hydrolocking, I've been driving w/ my Injen CAI and hydroshield in the rain for about 6 months... is this a ticking time bomb or should I be okay as long as I don't charge through any massive puddles?Thanks for all the advice keith and north I really appreciate it.
keithvibe

Re: (sagekai)

Post by keithvibe »

I will pull out my stock cosmo filter tomorrow and take a photo for ya and get back to you on that.AEM's filter I have to pull out the paper work on that as well... I'll get back to ya on that tomorrow.
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Thanks Keith!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

AEM number that fits the cosmo intake.Injen shield x-1033Cosmo photos.4.75" base4.75" tall3.75" at the topIf you can find an Injen shield that fits that snugly your all set..
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Thanks Keith! Yeah, I've talked my brothers into chipping in for the hydrosheild and the AEM filter, so looks like I'll be taking that route. Thanks again for all the help!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by sagekai »Thanks Keith! Yeah, I've talked my brothers into chipping in for the hydrosheild and the AEM filter, so looks like I'll be taking that route. Thanks again for all the help!If you had any idea what I had to do to find that ... the least you could do is buy me a cup of coffee or a freaking beer LOL Glad to hear your going the right route... chances are with the hydroshield you will be able to go two to three years before you need to clean it... I have had my intake on now for more than a year and just recently i took it off to inspect it.... it was as clean as it was when I installed it. The hydroshield really cuts down on all the dirt that gets in there and you will still hear the raww from the intake and get the benifits from it as well.
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Yeah I owe you big time, if you're ever in SoCal don't hesitate to hit me up!