P0125 Errors

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
idaho03vibe

P0125 Errors

Post by idaho03vibe »

I scanned my Vibe today and it had P0125 error code about the coolant wasn't able to function in a closed loop. Is that an error in the thermostat or the sensor?
ProtonXX

Re: P0125 Errors (idaho03vibe)

Post by ProtonXX »

Could be dead front O2 sensor, its a very random error. I got that error from a burned O2 sensor wire.
idaho03vibe

Re: P0125 Errors (ProtonXX)

Post by idaho03vibe »

The front O2 Sensor is new....
kevera

Re: P0125 Errors (idaho03vibe)

Post by kevera »

I think this may be your problem.If we ever meet,you owe me a beer.

Attached files P0125.pdf (39.2 KB) 
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
idaho03vibe

Re: P0125 Errors (kevera)

Post by idaho03vibe »

Most definately, thanks again kevera!!!
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

I just got this code!! I took it to autozone so I could figure out what code, then they told me it was either the coolant, thermostat, or temp. sensor, but nothing about the O2 sensor. I started reading what you posted Kevera but I quickly gave up trying to understand it. My car is running completely fine, all i did was fill the coolant b/c it was very low ( figured thats why the light went on), other than that the temp needle rises normally and the car runs fine but the check engine light is still on! Does this sound like my O2 sensor is bad? I want to fix this myself so any input would be awesome, thanks.
kevera

Re: P0125 Errors (Vivid_Art)

Post by kevera »

This was a whole other problem I posted about.So,pay no attention to it.Did you fill the radiator and the overflow container?Check both and let us know what happens.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Fill the rad and overflow as mentioned. Disconnect the negatine post of the battery for several minutes to reset the CEL and see what happens. If all is well you still have another major problem, where did all your coolant leak from.
Vivid_Art

Re: P0125 Errors (Raven)

Post by Vivid_Art »

Thanks for the response guys. Checked the coolant in both places, its full. Just disconnected the battery, I had done this before but I didnt wait that long before connecting it back up. As for the coolant, I think I went a long time before checking it and there are no obvious leaks. The only odd thing about the coolant is the color. The coolant in the overflow is pinkish red, and the one in the radiator is green( 2nd radiator, replaced with a used one from a junk yard).
Raven

Re: P0125 Errors (Vivid_Art)

Post by Raven »

The red stuff is the original Toyota longlife and the green is GM Dexcool. I think they're compatible.
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

Well after doing some research I think im going to go and replace the Temp. sensor and the Thermostat. I just dont feel like paying some @sshole to charge me up the @ss for some simple fixes. I just wish there was a way to figure out for sure which one is bad before replacing both, any ideas? Oh also, where the heck is the temp. sensor at?
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

bump! I need my car fixed!
kevera

Re: (Vivid_Art)

Post by kevera »

I would have a look at your o2 sensor first.
Vivid_Art

Re: (kevera)

Post by Vivid_Art »

02 you say, the cel says nothing about the 02. I looked at it and it did look like one of the wires touched something hot. how would the 02 throw the p0125 cel though? I just bought a new thermostat, should I wait!
kevera

Post by kevera »

I don't know if we're reading the same cel,P0125 right?You might want to reread the first part of the pdf again.(it's for a 2zz and I think you have 1zz,same principal).It's almost all about the o2 sensor,you may even have an exhaust leak.That burn on the o2 wire could also be the culprit.

Attached files p01251zz.pdf (38.8 KB) 
Vivid_Art

Re: (kevera)

Post by Vivid_Art »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »This was a whole other problem I posted about.So,pay no attention to ityeah i saw it, but you told me it had nothing to do with it. Anyways I still owe you Kevera because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of fixed my car. I returned all the coolant, stat, gasket, breaker bar, torque bar, and went and got an 02 sensor...problem solved no more cel!!! I just dont understand how a **P0125 Insufficient COOLANT TEMPERATURE For Closed Loop ** have anything to do with the Oxygen Sensor, anyways who cares, car is fixed. Im sure the answer is in that pdf which I failed to read, oops!
kevera

Post by kevera »

I meant about the situation,and I didn't really read what this was about first,lol.Glad you got it fixed.It complaining in the closed loop made me suspect the o2 sensor.Working with my piggybacks made me have an understanding on how the closed loop works.