its on!!!

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
wyatt89

its on!!!

Post by wyatt89 »

well, just got my test pipe welded on today and i must say, it makes the vibe sound pretty badass!!there isnt a noticable drop in torque or throttle response and it really pulls when it hits lift.slight popping (every once and awhile) when i get off the gasthe only annoying thing is that the exhaust hits max db/annoyance about at 3k rpms which is where i normally shift overall it makes the vibe pretty fun
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
kevera

Re: its on!!! (wyatt89)

Post by kevera »

Can I ask you why you routed it out there.I would have dumped it down,instead of out.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
wyatt89

Re: its on!!! (kevera)

Post by wyatt89 »

because routing it down would have been much too loud for my tastes, it would essentially echo off the road and back into the cabinalso i wanted easier access to it since its a bit hard to get under there for me
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
kevera

Re: its on!!! (wyatt89)

Post by kevera »

The other question,will you get hassled by the cops with that sticking out.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
wyatt89

Re: its on!!! (kevera)

Post by wyatt89 »

it doesnt stick out, its just the angle, it sits flushi live in a state with no emissions laws (now) and it is welded in behind the cat anyways so it would still pass emissions *shrug*we'll see although i seriously doubt a cop would care as there are all sorts of diesels and old beater (removed) trucks up here that sound like they are dumped off the manifold its not raspy or tinny sounding so its fine by me
binary

Post by binary »

Um.. hrm.Is it like a Y pipe that you have the ability to open your exhaust to the pip in the picture and close it up and send it through the muffler? Or is it just open all the time?
wyatt89

Re: (binary)

Post by wyatt89 »

the exhaust has a choice of where to go, so path of least resistance tells it to go out the test pipe although a small amount still goes through the muffler. i had a hole cut into the exhaust pipe and a pipe welded off of that at an angle...the valve version of a test pipe is more expensive and more prone to leaking/failure, mine just has a cap that i bolt onto the end that seals it and routes it through the muffler only.
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

(removed)? no emission laws, thanks jerks for global warming!...j/k( I still think its wrong). So Wyatt does that help your thin air problem at all?
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i too had and still have a slight popping when letting off the gas. had mine on for a yr. i believe its just a little backfire. mine has been off for bout a yr and a half and nothing has gone wrong
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
wyatt89

Re: (Vivid_Art)

Post by wyatt89 »

umm, i would say that it seems to help a bit at high rpms, i really need to do an air intake though...the vibe sounds pretty good though anyways, yah coming from texas we have fairly strict emissions there but technically my car would still pass emissions since it is dumped after the cat *shrug*
ajflan

Re: (wyatt89)

Post by ajflan »

Dude that is awesome. You should post some sound clips. I don't know why, but I like the popping and gurgling sounds an uncorked exhaust makes.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
wyatt89

Re: (ajflan)

Post by wyatt89 »

haha, yah i know what you mean, im not sure how i would get a sound clip except my phones voice recorder but that would freak out at the noise...i could use my computer...ill try soon
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Digital camera in movie mode??
wyatt89

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by wyatt89 »

i dont own one...i shoot all slides...