25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ProtonXX

25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review

Post by ProtonXX »

Using Water For Gas. Here how I turned my Vibe into a HybridXX's Cold VibeOld Mileage Statshttp://www.yourfilehost.com/me...0.MOVhttp://w ... *AFTER*The Hookup New mileage StatsThe follow up.I wish I had more time on my hands to use a tank of gas but I've been tweaking & using Quarter tank runs.The first setup I used the 4 hose direct injection style. This caused a rough idle & 80 Miles before the gauge started moving. With stock setup I had a decent idle & the needle started moving at 50-70 miles.The 2nd Setup was thru the throttle body air intake vacuum hose. This resulted in me thinking my gas needle broke because I drove for 105 miles before I saw the gas needle budge...Right now I drove 150 Miles before I hit a quarter tank. The idle smoothed out much better than stock because of an RPM boost.Also 2 Half Gallon Jugs of water are gone.Power, the car is stronger after I took it on the mountains here in Las Vegas, I no longer have to floor it to get up the hill. I took 0-60 Videos but they remained unchanged however.I read the Pop mechanics & -20%-20% review before I bought the Aquatune but I thought their explanations wasnt in detail like the Las Vegas news story.remnantsaints.com/AlternativeUtilities/Hydrogen/aquatune.htm That review very biased i think. If you look at the bottom of the page the guy has a link to his own 'hydrogen boost' website. Which sells a similiar product, I admit I would be interested in trying the hydrogen boost out but the site leaves out details on how his device is so much better than aquatune.The dyno could be right tho but I dont have access to one. The reason is aquatune increases your base RPM. My old RPM base was 650-700 RPM, after aquatune its 1000 rpm. The 1000 RPM IS stronger than the 650 base when Im coasting..feels as if my braking power dropped a notch. However the New 1k RPM could be weaker than the pure gas RPM causing the 20% drop in power.So far the aquatune met my expectations. I installed it myself & had to go thru 2 test setups & 5 ecu resets before I got it right. I do get an 0171 Check Engine light from time to time, but after talking with Aqatune, it a problem with the Vibes emission system not being built to run hydrogen.Overall mileage went way up, the coasting power increased thru RPM increases & I got a long ways to drive. Im planning to put this in my Grand Am GT also to see the effects. I also want to experiment with linking more than 1 aquatune results.
binary

Post by binary »

Sound too good to be true?Yeah... then it probably is. Detroit have been getting their backsides handed to them by fuel efficient imports for a long time. If something like this could be used to improve mileage on gas hogs rolling around today... well, we would be complaining about how much HP they cost us.
djb383

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster (ProtonXX)

Post by djb383 »

It'll take more than a Saturday morning cartoon drawing to convince me.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ProtonXX »Anyone tried this or have any thoughts?http://www.fuelconcepts.com/how.htmIve only seen one story or someone getting an extra 50 miles per tank on a 91 F-150http://aquatune.com/index.aspHeres a better oneFor the first one, how does adding more fuel, save fuel? The second one is more feasible since it is acting just like water injection system that would cool intake temps to give you more power. I don't see how it would have you fuel though. If you are wanting/getting more power you will use more fuel. I vote
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ProtonXX

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster (BlueCrush)

Post by ProtonXX »

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... 5.pdfThere someone selling an aquatune here in Vegas, Ill see if he let me test it & Ill post some results.The Wide Open throttle vacuum problem seems to play a roll so I went out to test the suction & it seems decent enough to work at lower RPM. In the mean time Ill do some G-Force test runs.
Vibr8tr

Post by Vibr8tr »

Am I reading it right where it says 7000 MPG?????I think I am misunderstanding something
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

haha i think 7000 MPG is just the model number
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
ProtonXX

Re: (sagekai)

Post by ProtonXX »

Ill be the Guinea Vibe for Aquatune. It was ordered it today & should see it installed by the Friday. Aquatune did me a big favor by getting it out the door today.I was surprised on how knowledgeable they were & they even sent me to their tech support after the order to tell me how to install it. They knew how my engine was setup & told me Ill be tapping into the plastic air tubes.They guarantee I should see 400 miles a tank, Ill be greedy & ask for 450
prathman

Re: (ProtonXX)

Post by prathman »

Quote, originally posted by ProtonXX »They guarantee I should see 400 miles a tank, Ill be greedy & ask for 450 Does that include city driving? On trips I've gotten over 450 miles without any add-ons.Should be interesting to see your results. Hope you have some good 'before' baseline data for comparison.
ProtonXX

Re: (prathman)

Post by ProtonXX »

I ran ScanGauge tests for a while now, My record is 29 MPG overall & get around 300-330 miles before I fill up.But Ill compare 0-60s on my GPS to see if the 30% HP gains are true & 55mpg / 80 MPH cruise runs & see what the scan gauge says
shaowq

Post by shaowq »

well...like it was posted on 9thgen here's a link to Popular Mechanics that have tested this thing beforehttp://www.popularmechanics.co...age=4
ProtonXX

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (ProtonXX)

Post by ProtonXX »

My review & thoughts added
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

if u could across the next 2 weeks, or 2 tankfillsdo one with the system and just drive normaly and see how many miles it takes for u to empty ur gas tank, then repeat without the system and compare.in all honesty we should see atleast 50 miles difference, which is enough to prove the system works cause theres no way to get that much of a difference just from changing driving styles (unless u do one on a highway non stop at 55mph and the other only at a race track doing 1/4 miles for a weekendalso guys theres an article that just came out in this months popular science about a guy who made a 4stroke engine do 6 strokes. the 5th stage it sprays water into the cylinder and on the 6th it gets tourqe from the water expanding 1200x into steam from touching the 1600 degree engine. suposedly its gonna get 40% more energy back in gas engine and 5% from diesel. and this is real.
redlava

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (manicdan)

Post by redlava »

That's hilarious. 20 fewer horsepower and 20% less fuel economy.If it sounds too good to be true than it usually is.Why do people, especially Americans, always get suckered with stuff like this. This is like that miracle weight loss pill that sheds pounds without changing your diet or exercise pattern. Is it beacuse we are lazy, or just stupid.
BlueCrush

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (redlava)

Post by BlueCrush »

ProtonXX, Any updates???
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ProtonXX

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (BlueCrush)

Post by ProtonXX »

Yes, Im taking it back lol.It works ok & all but I experimenting with a hydrogenerator thats about 5 times bigger & only costs $140 in parts to build myself. Main reason Im switching is to get 100% hydrogen oxygen generation injection instead of the split water h2 and o2 injection with the aquatune. After inspecting my plugs and O2 sensor for a week, they had rust on them. But oddly when I ran the aquatune without water... my mileage went up from stock..As for the 100 miles w/o the gas needle moving I never saw that again. I think after the unit breaks in it loses efficiency or my ecu dumbed down because my O2 sensor saw too much O2(was getting Lean CELS). I never got the 450 miles a tank goal. Maybe 380-400, 360 was my record.For the 25% HP boost is a little off. My 0-60s stayed exactly the same. The power came from advanced RPMS at idle & on hills.The return policy is a turn off, they give you a 30 day return policy but imagine taking 30 days to drive & 31 days to fix it no not getting a refund, I just ran out of time. Also they charge you 15% restocking fee no matter what.What I did learn was shell gas kicks (removed). After looking back I used shell gas right when I put the aquatune in which gave me that 100 miles on full. Using anything else,even chevron, dropped my mileage. The real MPG hero was the shell gas.
ProtonXX

Post by ProtonXX »

New update on hydrogen converter.This is the parts listJoe Cell - ebay $120Big Sealed Jug - Walmart $2-$4Monster Speaker Cable & Clamps -Walmart - $25Clear Hose - Home Depot - $4Drill & Hose Plugs - Home Depot Plugs cost $1 -$4 each on sizeFuse Tap - Havent found one, its great to tap into the headlight fuse tfor switched ignition power.Making of the cell.The joe cell has 4 rings. You install a clap on the outside and inside ring. Put it in the walmart jug and you are done. Drill holes in a just put in taps & run wires to the intake. Connect the wires to the battery. Just add water.Using the cell is much harder. There are 3 stages .Stage 1 - Hydrogen Production.Negative batter on the Outside wing, Positive on the inner most ring.Stage 3 - (removed)???!!Negative on the inner ring Positive on the outside.Stage 3 I have no idea what happened but maybe someone else does. Basically I created a battery & strange water. The water started overflowing with brown foam when mixed with salt.I thought the cell rusted on me but it didnt. I cleaned it and started again with tap water. The water started to charge like a battery holding a 2v charge after a few minutes of charging.(like a half dead AA battery).Anyway back to stage one, tap water is fine, but I wanted to super charge the cell so I added vineger again & the water bubbled white. Things went on as normal and no brown mystery foam. Ill post results later.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Man..... Why did you bother buying a Joe Cell, when i have a perfectly good Flux Capacitor sitting right here next to me.... ???
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

What I see on line about the "Joe Cell" is that it is an electrical only device, to harness the invisble living energy "Orgone" and this elctromystical energy will run an internal combustion engine by only hooking up electrical wires. I can see where the concentric cylinders might provide a benefit to hydrogen electrolysis over flat plates, but I am not seeing the Joe Cell advocated as an electrolysis device. The physics of how it could work with only electric hookups to the engine block is beyond my understanding, and the mechanical harnessing of the aethereal living energy Orgone is a bit beyond my credulity.But if it works, I'll buy one Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Man..... Why did you bother buying a Joe Cell, when i have a perfectly good Flux Capacitor sitting right here next to me.... ???Forget the flux capacitor, but if you have any leftover Black&Decker Mr. Fusions, I'll buy one off you.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (manicdan)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Good link on the six-stroke engine:http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=467
Whelan

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by Whelan »

300-330. I get 290-300+ on my AWD between city/highway and I have a stock filter with the extra pipe removed and the OEM plugs since bought. Not to mention crap tires that are getting replaced this week/next week. I average about 25-27 mpg and fill 11 gallons. Again, AWD.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »Good link on the six-stroke engine:http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=467they say that its cool to the touch, but what i didnt see in that article that PopSci talks about is how its only 8hp single cylinder.either way, combine that with hybrid technology that dosnt use 1000lbs batteries (which they already have, it compresses the driveshaft or something) and we can see a 2 seater car reach over 100 mpg and still put any 4 banger to shame as far as power.
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Six-stroke engine is impressive, but I like the idea of the Atkinson engine myself...http://www.keveney.com/Atkinson.htmlhtt ... ycle...and since it sacrifices power in order to be more efficient, you will see more uses of it in hybrids...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
drunkenmaxx

Re: (joatmon)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Forget the flux capacitor, but if you have any leftover Black&Decker Mr. Fusions, I'll buy one off you.i want the pitbull hoverboard. powa!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Sublimewind

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Forget the flux capacitor, but if you have any leftover Black&Decker Mr. Fusions, I'll buy one off you.Forget the Flux Capacitor, How could you forget the flux capacitor..??? I mean 1.21 gigiwatts... come on now.. you can't beat 1.21 gigiwatts...
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

So all funny stuff aside, ProtonXX, your using WATER INJECTION.... Yes?This is not a new concept and there ARE better systems... http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/cp.htmlBetter atomization, better pressure for atomization, better control...ect.. Some Highlights....Quote »SYSTEM 2d Latest addition for 2003 - Full 3-D water injection system without programming! It keeps track of the fuel flow and inject water with a fixed w/f ratio, change jet for different ratios. Quote »SYSTEM 2s A fully-mappable water-injection system, pre-pressurized system, equipped with diagnostic circuitry, able to detect blocked water-jet and abnormal operation problems.
ProtonXX

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by ProtonXX »

Im more interested in hydrogen injection. Water injection maybe the last thing I want to do because Aquatune punished my spark plugs after 1 month more then my car did in a lifetime on my old plugs.
vasdrakken

Post by vasdrakken »

Next time you get the brown foaming water light a match near it... the reason you don't use tap water in electrolysis, is that you have no idea what is your tap water. In your case I'm betting there is more than trace amounts of phosphorus in your water, which if there is you should not be drinking it, as phosphorus is toxic. Generally when you strip electrons off compounds you charged elements called ions which in your case I'm guessing that you had hydrox and C2H3O which is not something you want to mess with. when you added acetic acid you changed the PH and the amount of current needed to be higher to rip bonded compounds apart, meaning whatever benefit or not you would have gotten from the joe jar was being defeated since you were inhibiting the reaction.Though while I see the use of colder denser air going into the engine to force combustion at a lower temp, this device seems like some is trying to get something for nothing. if the jar strips electrons the way it clearly does from your reaction it seems to me that is could be used as a primitive wet cell battery or cap, that could recharge the acid in it. Having a car battery that only needs water to recharge indefinetly instead of the current acids and materials to react to, would be useful...oh and I could have sworn I register here a while back when I bought my vibe...
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

ah yes this technology exists...but soooo long till its actually put into "our hands"......i saw a tv show the other week supposedly the only guy that has the real true technology is working with one car company...(IMO gm or toyota)..and is also working on further advancement that the U.S. military is trying out....obviously this kind of technology is awhiles off because just think of the blow it would deal to the oil consumption and the industrial war machine....IMO the entire modern world relies too damn much on oil consumption for a product of this much significance to be released just yet....its funny to imagine all these people getting semi rich on the knockoff imitations that dont work....
Digger

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (waveresponder)

Post by Digger »

Conspiracy theory at work here
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
burkeyro

Post by burkeyro »

Quote, originally posted by ProtonXX »As for the 100 miles w/o the gas needle moving I never saw that again. I think after the unit breaks in it loses efficiency or my ecu dumbed down because my O2 sensor saw too much O2(was getting Lean CELS). I never got the 450 miles a tank goal. Maybe 380-400, 360 was my record.I'm not trying to Bash you on anything, but, I successfully got 406 miles out of one tank of fuel, bone stock, no additives and average 350-380 depending on how often and long I'm in Lift. Also I get ~115-125 miles before the Fuel needle starts moving every time I fill up. Maybe my vibe is a freak but I also was able to put 14.012 Gallons into my vibe with out overflowing any. (Yes I have the Picture to Prove it). If the "ADDER" won't give me a proven 150 miles extra, without damaging my engine, it's a waste of time. nor do I want to explain to anyone how I managed to get a little better gas mileage while rusting my exhaust out from the inside. The ONLY time I would inject Water into my **** is if I'm running 30 lbs of BOOST.
tribalman

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (burkeyro)

Post by tribalman »

because of this thread i decided to look up United Nuclear's hydride fuel system. last time i checked they had to stop research because they couldn't get ahold of some chemical due to a government ban or something. last update says they are just trying to get through legal procedings and then can then sell it! a one time investment and then i'm set. no more gas stations!
None. Vibe is gone.
ProtonXX

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (burkeyro)

Post by ProtonXX »

Yes, I stopped doing research for now. I really need to find out why some vibes get 20mpg while others get 40mpg. There are far better hydrogen generators out than the aquatune but I dont have the time like I used to to fine tune things. I wish I had access to home ECU tuning.But as much as I learned, hydrogen generation in cars need to built from the ground up.The air/fuel ratio must be changed(hydrogen dont burn at 14.7), water corrosion must be addressed(hydrogen burns & make water, the heated water sticks to iron & causes rust) & the hydrogen must be sealed & filtered after its generated.But there are PCV filter system that would fix half of that dirty engine problem. Then maybe the hydrogen can be adjusted to where it would rust out your engine. but then again water leaks out of cat converters every morning so maybe its nothing to be paranoid about
juggler311

Re: 25% Mileage + HP Booster - Aquatune Review (waveresponder)

Post by juggler311 »

Not to revive an old thread, but.... click below to learn some truth, told by decorated retired Military personnel. The fact is that technology and life exist way beyond our planet, whether you choose to believe it or ridicule it as conspiracy theory.Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »ah yes this technology exists...but soooo long till its actually put into "our hands"......i saw a tv show the other week supposedly the only guy that has the real true technology is working with one car company...(IMO gm or toyota)..and is also working on further advancement that the U.S. military is trying out....obviously this kind of technology is awhiles off because just think of the blow it would deal to the oil consumption and the industrial war machine....IMO the entire modern world relies too damn much on oil consumption for a product of this much significance to be released just yet....its funny to imagine all these people getting semi rich on the knockoff imitations that dont work.... Quote, originally posted by Digger »Conspiracy theory at work here http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5uZ15qKpt0Internal combustion is SOOO 1800s...2004 Base MT. I got 36mpg consistently last summer in rural Michigan. Down to about 32 this last winter.
sjbourg

Post by sjbourg »

I have to second the comment about Shell gas. It's been my experience that their gas makes my Vibe now and my past cars run better!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Shell gas FTW..thats all i use now..i used to have Sunoco