Cluch and Flywheel Combo

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
burkeyro

Cluch and Flywheel Combo

Post by burkeyro »

There has been a lot of talk about having to Replace the Stock Clutch. What I'm looking for is, For those of you that Have replaced the Stock Clutch and went aftermarket:What Clutch did you go with? Did you replace the Flywheel or Just have the Stock Resurfaced? What Aftermarket Combo's are being Run and How well are they holding up after XX miles?The reason I ask is I'm thinking about going with the ACT 6 puck and a Fidanza flywheel. What is Everyone's thoughts on this?
Psychobroker

Re: Cluch and Flywheel Combo (burkeyro)

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by burkeyro »There has been a lot of talk about having to Replace the Stock Clutch. What I'm looking for is, For those of you that Have replaced the Stock Clutch and went aftermarket:What Clutch did you go with? Did you replace the Flywheel or Just have the Stock Resurfaced? What Aftermarket Combo's are being Run and How well are they holding up after XX miles?The reason I ask is I'm thinking about going with the ACT 6 puck and a Fidanza flywheel. What is Everyone's thoughts on this?I would not go with a puck disc if this is your daily driver. Stage 1/2 organic "street" discs should be easier to drive and will give you ~230 ft/lb torque capacity --- plenty for any N/A/bolt-on setup and even stage 1 F/I applications.I went with an RPS Sport clutch with street disc and MWR flywheel (not as light as a Fidanza, which would help keep RPMs up a bit)
burkeyro

Re: Cluch and Flywheel Combo (Psychobroker)

Post by burkeyro »

Quote, originally posted by Psychobroker »I would not go with a puck disc if this is your daily driver. Stage 1/2 organic "street" discs should be easier to drive and will give you ~230 ft/lb torque capacity --- plenty for any N/A/bolt-on setup and even stage 1 F/I applications.I went with an RPS Sport clutch with street disc and MWR flywheel (not as light as a Fidanza, which would help keep RPMs up a bit)Good Point, And as I see both the Street and the 6 puck supposedly give a 30% pedal increase. Also, there is no way that I'm getting this thing up to almost 300 torque. So 233 should do just fine.
Dezz1

Re: Cluch and Flywheel Combo (burkeyro)

Post by Dezz1 »

I finally did it. I replaced the clutch and pressure plate at 75000 miles. Yes it probably could have lasted for another 15000 miles but I decided to go ahead and have it replaced before something bad happens and i'm 300 miles from home. Prior there was some slippage while making turns but it wasn't bad. I went with the ACT Street Disk and the Extreme Pressure Plate. Lets say I had to learn how to cluch and gas all over again. Clamping is intense, and my left leg is now a little stronger than before. I Love It!! I am catching a wheel as far as 3rd gear. Buy the way, I also had the flywheel turned, it had a groove in it.
Even Free isn't Free, Someone has to pay for it. Check Out My Vibehttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/571609