Ticking check valve after CAI install?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
1fstramand1slovibe

Ticking check valve after CAI install?

Post by 1fstramand1slovibe »

hey all i just insttalled an ARE stage 2 short ram on my 04 fwd auto. i didnt use all the heat sheild components because the vibrant bar i also installed interfered. but after i relocated the check valve for the vacuum hoses to the new mount i noticed that the check valve was ticking not like a rub or vibration but it was ticking and would go away at higher rpms. checked all vacuum hoses all installed correctly and tight but still ticking. any ideas. also anyone that can name me a few sites to find aftermarket parts i would greatly appreciate.
Mrizzle05

Re: Ticking check valve after CAI install? (1fstramand1slovibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

neverenoughauto.comptuning.com - we get a 5% off code... think its vibematrixebay.com --- haha
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Mase

Post by Mase »

The check valve has always ticked. It's just a lot less noticeable when the stock air box is installed because of the large size of the box. I verified that by listening to a stock Corolla and heard the same ticking, though muffled.
1fstramand1slovibe

Re: Ticking check valve after CAI install? (Mase)

Post by 1fstramand1slovibe »

thanks i was a little worried but i checked everything and all the vacuum linse were tight and correct and it ran fine, so i guess i just live with it already notice a crisper response and a little more power.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Welcome to the site! I have a Vibe and a Ram as well! lol
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Mavrik

Re: Ticking check valve after CAI install? (damronjr)

Post by Mavrik »

try moving the valve so it sits at a different angle. I've never heard mine on my 04 Vibe witn Injen intake system. But I always heard the one on my wife's GT with TRD intake.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
damronjr

Re: Ticking check valve after CAI install?

Post by damronjr »

Mine is pretty loud as well and I have on 04 Auto base.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
meistees

Re: Ticking check valve after CAI install? (damronjr)

Post by meistees »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Mine is pretty loud as well and I have on 04 Auto base.same here
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
LUVROK

Post by LUVROK »

My 05 GT had a loud tick after adding an Injen CAI. I cut up some rubber and made an isolator to mount the culprit valve to as it was hard monted to one of the factory airbox holes and brackets before. I still get a slight tick, but not nearly as noticable.
2005 GT, Neptune, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Eibach Sportline Springs, Progress Rear Swaybar, DC Sports Strut Tower Bar, Tow package
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

can someone explain what the ticking is and what the vacuum hose does. im not completly new to cars but im not familar with it
meistees

Re: (The Geebs)

Post by meistees »

Quote, originally posted by The Geebs »P.S. I've had a CAI for 3 days and my car sounds like a dyson. Is that normal or should I try adjusting a little bit? on cold starts mine kind of sounds like a shop vac ..I guess it's normal
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
Mavrik

Re: (meistees)

Post by Mavrik »

that sucking sound means its working haha. Yeah mine is real loud on a cold morning. Traffic looks at me funny.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page