Unichip GB on MO

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Never Enough

Unichip GB on MO

Post by Never Enough »

Hey guys...we're working on putting together a GB for the Unichip. Figured we'd put it past you guys as well if you're interested.http://matrixowners.com/forums...20066
Brad Vlastuin 877-609-6727http://www.NeverEnoughAuto.com
meistees

Post by meistees »

I'm interested
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
Mrizzle05

Re: (meistees)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

How much would it knock off. and do they have one for the 05 years?
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Legros

Re: Unichip GB on MO (Never Enough)

Post by Legros »

All right... Here i go too.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote »Pricing:UC1020011 - Matrix XR, Corolla, and Vibe $490 + s/hUC1020015 - Matrix XRS, Vibe GT $490 + s/hShipping would be roughly $10 in the lower 48 states. Probably $12 to Hawaii, and $15 to Canada.The pricing is based on four units. If more are needed, the price may drop by a couple dollars.These will come to me....be loaded with the MAP that best suits your vehicle....then shipped off to you. Keep in mind I can only do so much with these without having your car on a dyno so it can be Tuned. What I will be able to do is load them with preset MAPs sent to me by Unichip for items such as intakes and exhaust. Much beyond that you'll want to have a Unichip Tuner tweek it to work best with your vehicle.If there is anyone interested in the one for the Supercharger let me know and I can get pricing right away.Sorry this took so long...paperwork has been on my desk for a week now....really busy. (thank you ) thats from Never Enough on MO
Mrizzle05

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

ok but still, is there one for the DBW?
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
BlueCrush

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by BlueCrush »

Not PnP. It would have to be hard wired for DBW.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mrizzle05

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

meaning??? Would have to take it apart and wire it to the correct wires on the ecu?Are they coming out with ours soon... i mean our DBWs been out for a while
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

I might as well get it while the deals are good,Chalk me up for one too Brad!!!!thanks,CAN-AWD-VIBE
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
BlueCrush

Re: (Mrizzle05)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Mrizzle05 »meaning??? Would have to take it apart and wire it to the correct wires on the ecu?Are they coming out with ours soon... i mean our DBWs been out for a whileCorrect. I asked them about it this past spring and they said they were not due to the low demand. But if enough people get them thru brad they might take another look at it. Also if more people e-mail them requesting it as well.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tcam

Post by tcam »

I still think the Camcom is a better deal, but thanks for the offer Brad
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I thought camcon was for tuning VVT only?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Camcon tunes Intake Cam Timing(VVT-i) and A/F ratio only.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Camcon tunes Intake Cam Timing(VVT-i) and A/F ratio only.Ah yea thats what i thought, the unichip is a full ecu piggy back so it tunes all the stuff making it much more robust and a full tune. camcon though, on the up side can be (removed) tuned on the street with a laptop.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Correct. If you have an authorized Unichip tuner in your area you can have them tune the Unichip for VVT-i as well just like the Camcon.This is an awesome price, people! If you were planning on getting one of these, now is the time!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tcam

Post by tcam »

what? so it (camcon) can or can't be used for VVTL-I? I don't see why it would only work for VVT-I's
BlueCrush

Re: (tcam)

Post by BlueCrush »

This thread is not about the Camcon so I PM'ed you.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

Im still in but now I have a question.The price is $490 programmed right? Why would the the price different for the supercharger? Isn't it just another program for the Unichip... just another map. I wanted to get this pre-programmed for the SC and my other mods and I would install it when I get it all together.CAN-AWD-VIBE
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Re: Unichip GB on MO (CAN-AWD-VIBE)

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

reading that MO post again, maybe Brad will only have the map for basic mods and the sc is beyond that.CAN-AWD-VIBE
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

The S/Ced version has an additional harness for the 5th injector.He will be able to get the S/Ced version from Unichip as well. They will be able program it for 7.5psi, 10psi or 12psi.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Re: Unichip GB on MO (BlueCrush)

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

ahhhh... good call Does that mean I can cancel out the TRD ECU with the SC kit?CAN-AWD VIBE
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by CAN-AWD-VIBE »ahhhh... good call Does that mean I can cancel out the TRD ECU with the SC kit?CAN-AWD VIBECorrect! You would not need the TRD S/C ECU Install kit.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Re: Unichip GB on MO (BlueCrush)

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

excellent (Mr. Burns style) thanks once again BCCAN-AWD-VIBE
meistees

Post by meistees »

BUMP - I think we need one more person
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Its a go. I'll get working on getting the GB going tomorrow. Stay tuned. Thanks again!
Never Enough

Re: (Never Enough)

Post by Never Enough »

Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Group Buy is up guys.....
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

I gots mineThanks Brad,CAN-AWD-VIBE
vibegtcouple

Post by vibegtcouple »

i have a ???? is there anyone that have seen a diffent in there time at the track and on the dyno i 'm tinking about it but i would like to turbo or nitours my gt but it is hard to come up with what i would like to do but if i could get close to 250-300 hp i will go for it ,or can i mix the unchip with the others or go with a diffent program
meistees

Re: (CAN-AWD-VIBE)

Post by meistees »

Quote, originally posted by CAN-AWD-VIBE »I gots mineThanks Brad,same here thanks man!
m4VibeGT

Post by m4VibeGT »

Took the plunge and ordered one today. With the unichip, I can reinstall my TRD CAI and not have to worry about CEL.If anyone is interested, I will a used Injen Cold Air Intake #RD2075 with a brand new air filter for sale soon.
2003 Vibe GT Satellite MonotoneTRD CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Unichip
Que

Post by Que »

Just ordered mine 10 mins. ago. Looking forward to this mod...
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Thanks again guys!
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Shipping tomorrow morning. All programmed and all set. We have one left for the Vibe GT if anyone wants it at the GB price.....
meistees

Post by meistees »

my unichip came today.. the install only took about 20 minutes.. I can definitely feel a difference engine doesnt hesitate and shifts a lot smoother
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Glad you're happy with it. Thanks again!
Que

Post by Que »

Just installed the Unichip after a few hours of headache. Apparently Unichip sent the unit out for my GT configured wrong. The PNP harness has a connector that is shrink wraped that would normally attach to the wiring for the base Vibe's w/ the SC. Well, in that connector there are blue and yellow wires that should have a jumper connecting them to each other. Mine didn't have it. Those wires are what senses the MAF and it was throwing a CEL and sputtering above 2.5k's. I called Never Enough and spoke to Brad. He in turn called Unichip for me and then they contacted me directly. What I ended up having to do was to splice the yellow and blue wires to connect them to each other. Brad at Never Enough offered to ship to me an extra unit he had in stock if Unichip couldn't fix the problem over the phone. Needless to say it did get resolved and the car runs great. But I want to give props to Brad at Never Enough for going the extra mile for customer satisfaction. I will be a returning customer. From the looks of it this is a known issue. The tech at Unichip knew right away what the problem was and how to resolve it. So this might be a re-occuring problem for future Unichip owners w/ a GT model.