Performance upgrades Question

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
TheBri

Performance upgrades Question

Post by TheBri »

I have the 04 GT and I am looking at the weapon R SR or the Injen RD 2 peice CAI, can't decide!-Also either the Magnaflow or Greddy catback.-It seams a few of you are adding in the ground wire kit or this other kit that help out the electrical system on the car. Which one is the best bang for the buck? and what benifits are gained from this upgrade?-TWM short shifter and brass bushings-Porgressive RSB-Tein S Basic coil overs- Anything eles???I am in Canada just out side of Toronto and I am looking to get all the mods and maybe more than what I listed just don't know where would be the best place to get them all. Any Ideas on a good place and any other mods?I am loving the Enkei EVO 6 Anth. 18x7.5 with the Falken FK451 225/40R/18, just have to say no to wheel gap now and NEED more power.ThanksBrian

Attached files
Mrizzle05

Re: Performance upgrades Question (TheBri)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

I have a TWM... its 10x better then stock... shifter boots make it look really good too.I have magnaflow exhaust... sounds good, not too loud but enough to get attention.Are you talking bout tein s-tech springs or the coilover setup which is $1100 (i have s-techs, really nice drop and not as bouncy as hotchkis)Love those rims on your car!!! see --->
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
NascarXprt

Re: Performance upgrades Question (Mrizzle05)

Post by NascarXprt »

hey mike its your twin car! except its a GT and different shoes and tint andd.....ready... a top spoiler!. j/kbut TheBri i can vouche for the Tein S-Tech springs, they add an agressive stance to the vibe, also they add more stabillity to the car and if you wanna stiffen it up even more add a Strut Tower bar and a rear sway bar. For the CAI id go with the Inhen 2-pc. system. and exhaust im in the same spot you are in Greddy or Borla or Magnaflow.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
TheBri

Re: Performance upgrades Question (NascarXprt)

Post by TheBri »

Thanks guys, I just need more stuff to go with the rims!Yep I am going to go with the Injen CAI and the Magnaflow Catback. Then the Tein Basic coil overs and a rear sway bar ( progressive is the one everyone likes eh? or is there another good one?) The TWM STS and bushing have to be done also. Will it work with the stock shifter boot?I picked the magnaflow because the greddy has to big of a tip and sound for me.What kind of spark plugs work well with this Z22 engine? This is my daily driver so ones that will last with a performance side to them.Is there somewhere good to get all the parts from and might posibly have then shipped to Canada before the weekend? Or if not somewhere that will have a good deal on all the stuff?ThanksTheBriSweet Stock Navagation

Attached files
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Hey there... *i hear muchos good things about the progress RSB, which is what ill be getting in the near future.*Magnaflow is a good choice... sounds really good.*the stock boot will work but just looks messy compared to the custom boots made.*i hear the iridium plugs are the best, dont know the exact name*try neverenoughauto.com or ptuning.com for most parts.GL**thats a sweet navigation system.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

stock plugs are about as good as they get and should last you at least 60k miles.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mavrik

Re: Performance upgrades Question (drunkenmaxx)

Post by Mavrik »

I have Magnaflow cat back, Injen cold air intake and UNICHIP plugged into the ECU. All three are well worth the money.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
TheBri

Post by TheBri »

does the Magnaflow CB and th4e Injen CAI work with the 04 GT?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, if you are in Canada, looking for the magnaflow and other mods, then talk to Brad at neverenuff.com. i believe his exhaust guy is located in Canada, so can get it to you pronto. also, i'd suggest for power mods:full CAI vs a SR (better gains from CAI)Magnaflow exhaustTein S-techs or the like (still gives good clearance for the bumps and potholes but has a nice 2"+ drop)for added handling either just the Progress RSB or go with the Hotchkis FSB/RSB set upalso, i did notice a difference with having a Front Strut Tower Brace in my old VGTto tie it all together (performance and air/fuel mixture) go with some sort of engine management like Unichip or the like. I believe there are a couple more options available now than when I had mine. if you want performance, as for wheels/tires, take a look at the weight of the wheels/tires than just looks as that will help with power and fuel economy.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yes, Injen makes a CAI for the 04 GT. the CAI for the 03 is different and WILL NOT work on the 04.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Light or forged rims will make a big difference as well as springs and other suspension mods. It felt different when accellerating on lowered springs then when I wasn't.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
TheBri

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by TheBri »

Ya I went with the cast Enkei Evo 6 rims a month ago and love them but I love my tires more Falken FK451 225/40R/18, just have to drop it now and perform it up. I called neverenoughauto to place and order and hes getting back to me today. Hopefully I will get it before the weekend and it will be all done for next week.But I seen that Tanabe makes and exhaust for the vibe gt but I am not sure if its catback or not?

Attached files
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

brad's a good guy. we've bought several parts from him and he's always come through. quick delivery and shipment. nice looking wheels/tires.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
TheBri

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by TheBri »

Ya he seamed like hes the man to talk to about vibe parts everyone around here doesn't have a clue about the Vibe's (Canada) performance shops.Thanks I love them and everyone does too. My buddy with the 06 WRX wants them for his car.
Mavrik

Re: (TheBri)

Post by Mavrik »

those would look hot on a rex.they look hot on your car to.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

the wheels are nice. i'm not a big fan of gunmetal though, so wouldn't have been my color choice.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
TheBri

Re: (TheBri)

Post by TheBri »

Yep! Brad's the man. He had everything in stock and its all going to be here by friday.- Injen RD 2 peice CAI- magnaflow Catback- DC Spot SB- Progressive RSB- Porgressive camber kit- Tein basic coil oversThen from TWM the short throw shifter and type R satin weighted shift knob.Can't wait to get it all in.