OBX Corolla Header work?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Petrucci914

OBX Corolla Header work?

Post by Petrucci914 »

I was wondering if the OBX Header for the 03 Corollas would work on the Base 03 Vibes?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
BlueCrush

Re: OBX Corolla Header work? (Petrucci914)

Post by BlueCrush »

As long as there is a bung for the O2 sensor, there is no reason it wouldn't work. Unless the angle of the header is also different.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Petrucci914

Re: OBX Corolla Header work? (BlueCrush)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Well I know the DC Sports header for the Matrix/Vibe is the same for the Corolla, I believe. That's why I think it would work. I don't know if I'd get much better performance with the DC Sports one....... may be worth spending the extra 100$.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
BlueCrush

Re: OBX Corolla Header work? (Petrucci914)

Post by BlueCrush »

Well, then the only thing would be the O2 sensor location.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

im getting a set of stock headers ported from a guy on newcelica.org in texas, this summer. dyno's show significant increase in hp/torq and people there said the DC headers make you lose hp? with stock headers ported you know they will fit perfect, pas smog and wont throw a cel. they are only $110 for parts and labor + shipping. shipping is under 20 both ways so around $150-160 total. He does core exhange also, so you wont be with out a vehicle. his name is boosted2.0 check out the thread.http://www.newcelica.org/forum...pp=50
Petrucci914

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I thought about that but I believe I'll get better performance with the DC Sports Header. I know it's not effective in the GT model because that exhaust manifold is already good enough. I believe if installed correctly it shouldn't throw a CEL.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

not to rag on this but, the ported ones dyno'd more hp/torq than the DC sports headers. also ported will be cheaper, imo ported is the best option. read page 6 of that newcelica thread. Either way with ported or DC your going to get more out of the 1zz. Oh theres also JP headers, damronjr has them.
madskillzmonkey

Re: OBX Corolla Header work?

Post by madskillzmonkey »

What the model number for the dc headers for 03 vibe base thc4405?
lannvouivre

Re: OBX Corolla Header work?

Post by lannvouivre »

yes
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit