Cruise control while in netural ... Whoops

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
OrangeGT

Cruise control while in netural ... Whoops

Post by OrangeGT »

I have never had this happen on any other car. I set the cruise, was going downhill coming up to some traffic, took it out of gear to coast, traffic cleared up hit resume on cruise. Didn't notice that i wasn't in gear until i hear my exhaust starting to scream. The control revved the **** otta the engine almost all the way to lift before i caught it . I don't know how all cruise control works but that doesn't seem that good.
2004 Vibe GTOrange Fusion MetallicMoons & TunesPower GroupXm
rlfreese

Post by rlfreese »

mine did that before. I have an og with DBW and it did that going dow a hill. I threw it in neutral and it revved when I hit resume. never tried it after that though. maybe a defect. Mine seems to not let off when going sownhill either. Just takes off like a rocket.
2005 Base Vibe W/ moon and tunes , piaa headlight/foglight bulbs, tein s-tech suspension, cosmo CAI, TRD quickshifter, ES motor mount bushings, magnaflow exhaust, RK sport CF roof rack caps, tinted windows, kenwood KDC-X589 HU/w remote Cardomain Page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/797307
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

i hit resume once on an icy patch of road. the rev were up the speed went up and i was still going about 34-40. i didnt realize the road was icy. lucily I quickly turned off the cruise and maintained control.It definaltly got my heart rate going
Mr.D

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Mr.D »

I did the exact same thing coasting down a hill a few weeks back