Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
vibedrvr04

Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE

Post by vibedrvr04 »

Has anyone looked into this? Monkeywrenchracing.com has a kit available that includes a set of Weisco Forged Pistons and Darton Sleeves that'll punch the bore up to 82.0 mm...with your choice of 8.8:1 or 11.0:1 compression ratios. Also available are Crower billet connecting rods. The kit itself is $879.00 on their site. Sounds like a great idea to me...anyone else have any thoughts?
djb383

Re: Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE (vibedrvr04)

Post by djb383 »

Sounds good to me. Like they say, there is no substitute for cubic inches.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Raven

Re: Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE (djb383)

Post by Raven »

Quote, originally posted by djb383 »Sounds good to me. Like they say, there is no substitute for cubic inches. You mean "There's no replacement for displacement".
djb383

Re: Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE (Sunny)

Post by djb383 »

That's exactly what I mean, or how about 'bigger is better'. I wish Pontiac would offer, as an option, their 3.8L Series II v6 (with the huffer of coarse) in the Vibe.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Lancer

Re: Forged piston and sleve kit for the 1ZZ-FE (vibedrvr04)

Post by Lancer »

If only I had the money... Imagine those pistons and compression @ 11.0:1 with the s/c at 10psi!!Course, then you'd need a new tranny, drive shafts, and lsd.Maybe next years tax return.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header