Clutch installation

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
realred96

Clutch installation

Post by realred96 »

Just installed a RPS sport series pressure plate with a street disk and am gery pleased with the result. This is on a 2003 GT . Clutch really started to go south at 50K but we milked it to 61K. I did the installation in my garage by myself and it was not that bad of an ordeal. I did a write up with pictures and if the site is intersted I can post it for future reference.
2003 GT Neptune Blue
Injen CAI
Tokico struts
EBC Brakes
Mase

Re: Clutch installation (realred96)

Post by Mase »

Quote, originally posted by realred96 »I did the installation in my garage by myself and it was not that bad of an ordeal. I did a write up with pictures and if the site is intersted I can post it for future reference.Great job. Please post up. I have yet to see a good clutch installation write up for these trannies.
djb383

Post by djb383 »

By all means, post it. Thanks.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by realred96 »Just installed a RPS sport series pressure plate with a street disk and am gery pleased with the result. This is on a 2003 GT . Clutch really started to go south at 50K but we milked it to 61K. I did the installation in my garage by myself and it was not that bad of an ordeal. I did a write up with pictures and if the site is intersted I can post it for future reference.Great job, and great to hear! I have the same exact setup sitting in my living room, just waiting for the stock clutch to go. A write-up with photos would be MOST appreciated! Thanks
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

Needing a clutch myself.... I'd like to install one, so please post!
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

Please post how you did it. I need to decide soon wether to do it myself or sell my children to pay for the job....are there Haynes/Chilton-type manuals for the Vibe out yet? internet search came up blank...
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
realred96

Post by realred96 »

Clutch install is now posted. Hope it helps!
2003 GT Neptune Blue
Injen CAI
Tokico struts
EBC Brakes
DavidPIL

Re: Clutch installation (Ponyota)

Post by DavidPIL »

Hey Ponyota,I'm clueless on most car work but I'll come over and help you change yours out if we replace mine too! I got a quote at over $1000 to have mine replaced by a shop... I can't afford that!Dave
Psychobroker

Re: (realred96)

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by realred96 »Clutch install is now posted. Hope it helps!Thanks!