Here's another glimpse of insanity...

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
vibedrvr04

Here's another glimpse of insanity...

Post by vibedrvr04 »

I saw the post from the V8.....why not go for the gusto? Rip out the rear seats and entire rear end...remove the engine and box in the engine bay...do a little re-work on the chasis...drop in the drivetrain from a subaru (or something with AWD and some power) and slap a Viper V-10 in the rear end? Talk about a rocket on wheels! You can even call it the Viber Just to roll up on a mustang and totally smoke them in a hatchback would make my day...my god.....this could work!
mcgusto82

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (vibedrvr04)

Post by mcgusto82 »

i think it's safe to say. this isn't going to happens. we're a bunch of school girls. lolseems nobody here has the time or pockets to do it. poo!
Mavrik

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (mcgusto82)

Post by Mavrik »

I think drop a Vibe on an STI platform... the drivetrain, the engine... all that power...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
vibedrvr04

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (mcgusto82)

Post by vibedrvr04 »

Quote, originally posted by mcgusto82 »i think it's safe to say. this isn't going to happens. we're a bunch of school girls. lolseems nobody here has the time or pockets to do it. poo!Oh ye of little faith....I've got one word for you.......SPONSOR. Heck I bet you could get playboy or penthouse to sponsor it. Think about it....our car IS called a VIBE after all. And as for dropping it on an STI frame......that might be interesting too
djb383

Post by djb383 »

Surely someone out in California has already done this - maybe with a small block Chevy or Ford???
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
TRDman

Post by TRDman »

Couldn't someone put the 6 speed and GT internals in an AWD? Maybe the AWD system isn't the greatest for performance, but still; interesting concept. As long as we're rambling, why not an LSD for the 2WD models?
joatmon

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (TRDman)

Post by joatmon »

The part of the AWD that provides power to the rear wheels is built into the AWD's auto tranny, the 6 speed tranny in a GT doesn't support AWD.I think it would be cool to drop the vibe body onto a jeep chassis, or some other "real" 4x4. Would end up being something like the old AMC Eagle though.
vibedrvr04

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (joatmon)

Post by vibedrvr04 »

ok if we're gonna put it on a jeep or 4x4 frame, it'll have to get a lift kit and huge tires....oohhh....a Monster Vibe.....crush those hondas!Now we're talkin
TRDman

Re: Here's another glimpse of insanity... (joatmon)

Post by TRDman »

Darn! Oh well...
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

I have seen V8's and NorthStar's in Fieros, V8 PT cruisers, so why not! Anything is possible!