Lucas and Fluid

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
average joe vibe

Lucas and Fluid

Post by average joe vibe »

I am trying to change my tranny fluid today and have come acrross 2 issues....what size are the bolts on teh manual transmission filler and drain bolt and when I drain the fluid...how much do I put in? I was also told to add something called "Lucas tranny additive" How much of the 75W90 do I put in and how much Lucas do I put in?
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

ah Lucas.....what great stuff......
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
Yukonsbud

Re: Lucas and Fluid

Post by Yukonsbud »

Filler and Drain plugs are 15/16. Make sure to have a shallow-well socket for the drain plug. Should take 2qts of 75w90 if you have a 5 speed. I just put lucas in mine yesterday. Anyone else have experience with the lucas gear oil?
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

Yukonsbud wrote:Filler and Drain plugs are 15/16. Make sure to have a shallow-well socket for the drain plug. Should take 2qts of 75w90 if you have a 5 speed. I just put lucas in mine yesterday. Anyone else have experience with the lucas gear oil?
average joe vibe wrote:I am trying to change my tranny fluid today and have come acrross 2 issues....what size are the bolts on teh manual transmission filler and drain bolt and when I drain the fluid...how much do I put in? I was also told to add something called "Lucas tranny additive" How much of the 75W90 do I put in and how much Lucas do I put in?
Yup I put it in the last time I serviced the 5 speed. Altogether you use half of the bottle of lucas about 350ml and the rest gear oil. You know when to stop filling when you have the gear oil spilling out of the bottom of the filler hole/check plug and just screw it back. Btw I used an 80-90 oil.
KingTen91

Post by KingTen91 »

vvtiDavid wrote: Yup I put it in the last time I serviced the 5 speed. Altogether you use half of the bottle of lucas about 350ml and the rest gear oil. You know when to stop filling when you have the gear oil spilling out of the bottom of the filler hole/check plug and just screw it back. Btw I used an 80-90 oil.
Any reason you chose 80 instead?