Helix Power Tower Plus

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
His_and_Her_Vibes

Re: (kevera)

Post by His_and_Her_Vibes »

"Bump for what "Hi KeveraWell, I Thought a bump was to revise an old string and get it on the active list. If I've misunderstood, please accept my apologies.I'll post any placebo effects concerning the TBS once installed and again after a few tanks of gas.
J.Mack __0 >;(_/_) "Grab Life by the Handlebars!"2004 VIBE (Hers) - Fusion Orange (BevoVibe) - May she R.I.P2007 VIBE (His) - Moonstone (MakoVibe)
Whelan

Re: (His_and_Her_Vibes)

Post by Whelan »

So if i have the stock box it will fit with no cutting? I am really looking to get this fairly soon.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
BlueCrush

Re: (Whelan)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »So if i have the stock box it will fit with no cutting? I am really looking to get this fairly soon.Yes. That is how I an running it now.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

stock airbox = no cuttingcai = cutsri = prolly no cutting
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by His_and_Her_Vibes »"Bump for what "Hi KeveraWell, I Thought a bump was to revise an old string and get it on the active list. If I've misunderstood, please accept my apologies.I'll post any placebo effects concerning the TBS once installed and again after a few tanks of gas. ahahaha,I was just bustin your n**sI had the power tower and I really didn't like it.Did not notice any power increase and hated that whistle sound.Sorry guys,just wanted you to know before you bought it.To each his own,right
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
His_and_Her_Vibes

Post by His_and_Her_Vibes »

Hey Kevera, No sweat! Did it improve your gas mileage at all? I recieved mine just the other day. I May install this wknd, but I just ordered a Cosmo SRI, so I may wait and install both at the same time.
J.Mack __0 >;(_/_) "Grab Life by the Handlebars!"2004 VIBE (Hers) - Fusion Orange (BevoVibe) - May she R.I.P2007 VIBE (His) - Moonstone (MakoVibe)
kevera

Post by kevera »

I can't give you an honest answer about mileage improvement,but It probably did.Maybe that's why I didn't like it.,lol.But,out of everyone that has purchased one,I was the only one dissatisfied.One another note,I would install them both at the same time,since you have most of it off anyways,good luck.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Kev if you still have it and don't want it, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands for some payment of course.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

HA found a link to another TB spacer made and it has a dyno on it! 2hp http://www.albertasubaruclub.c...42554
Socks

Post by Socks »

ok, well I gotta be a pessimist just like a few others on here. A TB spacer does nothing but provide a very nice point for water/meth or nitrous. It does not increase performance or MPG. Sorry, lots of guys have tried to convince otherwise, but its not doing a thing. Making a longer intake by an inch with some swirls does not increase turbulance nor is it nearly long enough to "cool the incoming air". Your much better off getting a heat shield for your SRI or WAI than wasting money on this. Yes im new on this site, but ive been around performance parts long enough to know when your being duped on a lot of things
rollavvti06

Post by rollavvti06 »

you guys are saying if you have the spacer you have to cut ur cai i have the trd cai and the spacer with no problem
corolla supercharged
northvibe

Re: (rollavvti06)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by rollavvti06 »you guys are saying if you have the spacer you have to cut ur cai i have the trd cai and the spacer with no problemhmm wonder if the corolla fenders offer more room? OH the vibe also has a fog light that gets in the way of the filter so its very tight.
madskillzmonkey

Re: Helix Power Tower Plus

Post by madskillzmonkey »

Anyone please help me find a throttle spacer for 2003 pontiac base want to upgrade the Sri and jet flow maf with spacer but all 2005+. Anyone can take me the right site or direction to get one
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

madskillzmonkey wrote:Anyone please help me find a throttle spacer for 2003 pontiac base want to upgrade the Sri and jet flow maf with spacer but all 2005+. Anyone can take me the right site or direction to get one

What engine do you have? Most likely it will fit but just to verify......
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

It has to be the drive by cable 1ZZ. The intake manifold bolts to the throttle body differently, he would not be able to use the same spacer as the drive by wire versions (05+).
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit