Did I Break a Rear Mount?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Hutchvibe

Did I Break a Rear Mount?

Post by Hutchvibe »

I have an 05 base fwd with 130K well cared for miles. Yesterday I passed my turn into a driveway and accelerated fairly hard to back up to it. When I put it back into drive it had a very hard metallic rattle and vibration. If I sit still in neutral it is still running like a clock. Put it in any gear and the noise and vibration return. anything which affects the motor gets a noise and shake...turn power steering, start AC, etc. I drove it home and it drove and shifted normal beneath the rattling vibration so I think my tranny and torque converter are OK. I am 72 and a medical issue is keeping me from crawling under just now. Does this sound like a broken rear mount to you guys. If so, can anyone cite prices paid to replace it and finally, am I doing further damage by driving it a short distance to the Toyota dealer who has quoted $320 as a worst case scenario for the most expensive of the mounts. Any input would be appreciated. We just drove it from Pa. to Colorado and it never missed a beat, I need it fixed.
Caretaker

Re: Did I Break a Rear Mount?

Post by Caretaker »