Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Kari

Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified!

Post by Kari »

I'm finally making my first use of the household outlet -- to decorate my Vibe for Christmas. I got the idea on here, and I have to say it turned out pretty well. A string of 150 lights from Wal-mart was the perfect length to go all the way around the inside of the car loosely, wrapped around in the handles above the doors and laid across the privacy cover in the back. It looks really cool. I was sitting at a gas station today and the guy in front of me looked rather perplexed...I could NOT figure out why he was looking at me that way, then I realized it was about my lights right around the time when he realized what it was. He thought it was cool, though...said he'd never seen anything like that before. I've gotten some interesting glances at red lights too. No worse than what I get when I wear my santa hat with the antlers.

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator
Kari

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Kari)

Post by Kari »

YAY for snow!

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator
Kari

Post by Kari »

Driver's side view...

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator
Kari

Post by Kari »

Closeup

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Very festive Kari! -- Looks good!
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Neato! I'm the one who did this to my Vibe last year. I used a set of white lights and ran them all around the roofline inside the car. I just stuffed the excess ones into the pouch on the back of the driver's seat. I forgot to do this for this Christmas season! My sister asked me about a week ago if I was going to put up the lights in my car again this year. I'm debating on whether I should go through the trouble with so few days left until Christmas.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Sputnik

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Stang2Vibe)

Post by Sputnik »

I think a couple of other people did the same thing as well last year.Very cool looking Kari!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
savedbyzero

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Sputnik)

Post by savedbyzero »

HHMMM.....I saw a mustang with a wreath on the front and thought that was going too far, and then...Oh well! To each their own! Enjoy it!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Nice job Kari! Looks very festive Do you notice if it draws alot of power ?
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Kari

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (ArcsVibe)

Post by Kari »

I haven't noticed any drop in performance, no...or gas mileage. So yay.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

What I meant is do the interior lights dim a little or the heat not put out as much when you have the lights lit up?
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

redlava

Post by redlava »

I was thinking about doing the same thing this year, but just never got around to it. Good job.
Vibe Rater

Post by Vibe Rater »

Have you noticed a lot of cars driving off the road and into the ditch after they drive by you?
Kari

Post by Kari »

Nope, not at all...I haven't noticed any difference in anything at all. I don't think they pull too much power, though. Running a TV or something might cause a problem. I haven't caused any wrecks thus far...LOL I get lots of questions in drive throughs though.
GenVibe Global Moderator
aggie_vibe

Post by aggie_vibe »

I don't know how many lights you have, but the 100 watt rating of our power outlet is the equivalent of .13 hp
'04 Satellite base Pontiac Vibe (found!)'02 Sebring Silver Honda S2000
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Salsa!)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Quote, originally posted by Salsa! »Do the lights bother you when you're driving at night on a country roadI did the same last year. When I was driving in town, it does not bother so much. It is more bothering when you're driving at night on dark road. But was ok if the light was not flashing....Flashing light at night are more disturbing.
Kari

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (aggie_vibe)

Post by Kari »

It's 1 strand of 100 lights from Wal-mart...the ones that are $1.54. I don't think it's drawing a noticable amount of power, though.As for bothering me at night...not at all. In fact I think it's sort of cool...casts a warm pinkish glow around the whole car. I have most of the lights behind my line of sight though. The only ones I can see out of my peripheral vision are the ones next to the passenger seat, and that's not but about 3 or 4 bulbs. I live in the country, so I drive on dark roads a lot and I haven't had a problem.These aren't flashing, either...just solid. Flashing would probably be more likely to get you pulled over, too.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

(removed), that's awsome...I should put red ones in mine.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Vibe-rate

Post by Vibe-rate »

I did that last year, but I inadvertantly put flashing lights in. I haven't doe it yet this year, but I have the lights sitting in the hatch, waiting to go on.....
2003 Salsa Base5-spd, Power, M&T
Charlievibe

Post by Charlievibe »

Kari...I think this is the coolest thing I have seen. I thought I was being festive by putting a small set of the jingle bells on my mirror. You have inspired me for next year!!!! Looks great!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas.
Just because you see Charlie doesn't mean I am a he....sometimes Charlie can be a she!!!!
canadavibegt

Post by canadavibegt »

got a love the plug....... must try that nest year very cool
Canada Rocks View pics of my car here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... _id=345207
Dj_kulture

Post by Dj_kulture »

HHMMM.....I saw a mustang with a wreath on the front and thought that was going too far, and then...Oh well! To each their own! Enjoy it!Funny, when i was 15, I put a wreath on the front of my 1985 Mustang.. with lights...I ran an extention cord out of the firewall, with the plug snuggly wedged between the front and the radiator.I had to buy a AC inverter, and after splicing the extenion cord back together after going through the firewall I had X-MAS lights on the front! I am thinking about doing this with the vibe... I think x-mas lights belong on the outside.I used cable ties to connect the wreath to the grill.White lights are best, red and blue light, and/or flashing lights might get you a ticket...If i do this to my vibe... I'll post pics soon... Big Lots has lights the cheapest usually.JasonSouth Carolina(can't believe some of you have snow already, it was mid 70s here today)
2005 Base, A/T, Neptune (monochrome), STOCK (for now)
Kari

Re: (Dj_kulture)

Post by Kari »

Well there's not really any "snow" to speak of here right now...that was in Tennessee in December, 2 years ago when those pictures were taken. I didn't get a chance to put up my lights this year, and I don't even have them this year, but maybe I'll go buy another string of them and decorate again this year. The reason I didn't put them outside is so noone would mess around with them in a parking lot or something, and so I wouldn't have to run the cord inside. Plugging them into the dash was convenient.
GenVibe Global Moderator
jonathonbarton

Re: (Kari)

Post by jonathonbarton »

There was a Dodge Ram with a lighted wreath on the front of it last night on the way home from work...Now this.It's prophecy, I say... Whirrrrr*click**hits up DexOnline for the nearest BigLots! location*
Mavrik

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Vibe-rate)

Post by Mavrik »

My tint is to dark, I doubt anyone would see the lights in my car lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »YAY for snow!The snow adds alot to the look. I lit up my Vibe last year but in the rain it just isn't the same.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
BOZACK

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (Herb)

Post by BOZACK »

I was just thinking about doing this the other day. Now I am going to do it, but not till after Thanksgiving.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
ColonelPanic

Re: Kari's Vibe Marcie...Christmas-ified! (BOZACK)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by BOZACK »I was just thinking about doing this the other day. Now I am going to do it, but not till after Thanksgiving.Oh, c'mon, be a good sport like all the major retailers - hook that stuff up the first weekend after Easter!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Great idea!!! I used to put a wreath on my grill guard on my suv and put a battery operated strand of lights on it. Also put a couple of those strands around my windshield and hung a couple of mini stockings in the window as well. Only turned the lights on when it was parked. Used to always have people waving at me and giving me thumbs up. Got tired of doing it after a while though.On a similar subject, I was coming home with a friend after a Holiday party a couple of years ago. She was wearing a pair of earrings shaped like red light bulbs that flash. Shes driving and we get pulled over. The cop said he just wanted to see why she had red flashing lights in her car and advised her to turn her earrings off. He was concerned that another cop would pull her over and site her for impersonating a cop with red flashing lights in her vehicle.