Former Lurker - New Vibe owner.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
SGT

Former Lurker - New Vibe owner.

Post by SGT »

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I have been lurking here reading all the good information on the Vibe in order to make an educated decision. Well, I finally took the plunge, went to the dealer today and picked up a new 2004 Vibe in Frosty - two tone. So far I am really pleased, of course I only have 34 miles on it now so.. Anyway, this forum has been a great source of information.

Read down to the bottom for an update on my long-term Vibe ownership experience....
Last edited by SGT on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Base Vibe - Frosty - Two Tone Automatic, ABS, 16 inch factory alloy wheels, Power Package, Cargo Nets and Mat
rasermon

Re: Former Lurker - New Vibe owner. (SGT)

Post by rasermon »

Welcome to genvibe and enjoy your stay. What did you get? AWD, Base, GT.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
SGT

Re: Former Lurker - New Vibe owner. (rasermon)

Post by SGT »

Ah yes, I should have mentioned the details I suppose. It is a base with the Power Package, the 16 inch factory alloys and the ABS with Auto trans. Pretty much equiped the way I had hoped.
2004 Base Vibe - Frosty - Two Tone Automatic, ABS, 16 inch factory alloy wheels, Power Package, Cargo Nets and Mat
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Former Lurker - New Vibe owner. (SGT)

Post by NSimkins »

Welcome to GenVibe. Glad you decided to join up and post.I own an 03 Frosty, similarly equipped as yours except monotone.
Geo

Post by Geo »

(removed)! NEW MEMBER :DWhee, near Wisconsin too (Well, neighbor state)Looks like we got another Vibe in for the Michigan caravan this summer
BADGER PRIDE
SGT

Re: (Geo)

Post by SGT »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to many years of Vibe use and visits to the GENVIBE webpages.
msmyer

Re: (SGT)

Post by msmyer »

Welcome...Enjoy your stay!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
huy397

Re: (msmyer)

Post by huy397 »

Hey welcome to this great forum I am relatively new here as well and it's been very helpful so far.My Vibe is pretty much the same as yours, except mine is a 2003.
Car: 2003 Two tone Base Frosty Vibe, Automatic, Safety & Security Package, Power Package and 16" alloys with 16" Blizzaks for winterNavigation: HP iPAQ 2210 + LeadTek 9537 BT GPS + iGuidance V2.1.1 + German-D mount.http://www.howardforums.comYour Mobile Phone Community & Resource
SGT

Re: Former Lurker - New Vibe owner.

Post by SGT »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was looking back today, at when I first got my Vibe. It's been almost 10 years now since I picked it up, and almost 150,000 miles later. The car is still running great absolutely great. Interior is still in great shape, the only thing showing wear is the wonderful Delco radio buttons. The outside still is shiny and bright in the Frosty color.

When I got the car in late 2003 my son was 6. He's 16 now. So what's a dad to do, but I decided to give my son the Vibe to use to go back and forth to school in. It was either buy him a used car, or give him my "used" car and buy myself a new car. So a new car for me it was.. :)

I really liked my Pontiacs, the Vibe was my 6th Pontiac. However, no more Pontiac. Didn't like anything GM was currently offering. I ended up picking up a Kia Optima. I won't say the Kia is like a Pontiac, but it has a lot of style features that made me feel at home with the vehicle. The standard fog lights, tiger snout grill and the red back lit gauges. Being designed by the ex-Audi designer helped. So far, I am thrilled with my purchase. The Optima drives great, looks great and is an all around nice vehicle. I picked up an EX model which has the leather and all the toys, UVO radio, pano sunroof. Doesn't have the turbo like the Optima SX, but still does pretty good with a 200HP motor, which was about 70 more HP than I had in the Vibe. To top it off it gets great gas mileage, even better than I was getting with the Vibe at about 33 MPG mixed highway driving. I can only hope the Optima will be as reliable as this Vibe has been. Kia has come a long way and has made great strides.

I really can't complain about the Vibe at all. With just standard maintenance and 148,000+ miles on the clock it hasn't needed any really major repairs. Brakes and Tires, a fan module and that's about it. I hope it keeps running great. My son was happy to get it. I kept it very nice, and it looks like a 2-3 year old car when you see it, not a 10 year old one.

The Vibe is a great car. Very practical economical and yet fun to drive and nice looking too. Hopefully everyone will have as much luck and good times with their Vibe as I have with mine.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nice to read an update from a member who was here from the beginning (or close to it)! It's great to hear that the Vibe has been running strong for 10+ years now! I am not at all surprised to hear your son was happy to receive it to drive to school, etc! I can't lie, I was hoping you were going to say you got yourself a 2nd gen (2009-2010) Vibe to drive, but the Optima is definitely a nice vehicle. As you said, Kia has definitely come a long way.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Guess you will have to your boy this way too. :D
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;