Where to put my cellphone in 2003 Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
mg93108

Where to put my cellphone in 2003 Vibe

Post by mg93108 »

I am just about finished with a complete restoration of a 2003 Pontiac Vibe
I'm building it for my wife.
I'd like to be able to have "wireless charging" available for her but I'm not too sure where to put this.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I'll post pics once I finish this part
joatmon

Re: Where to put my cellphone in 2003 Vibe

Post by joatmon »

I tried a wide variety of cell phone holders in the Vibe, and the only one I was satisfied with was one of those that hang in the CD slot of the radio. I found that to be a good usable/viewable location. Don't know if you could fit a wireless charging pad into one of them though. Other folks don't like using the CD slot for that though.

If you don't need the phone visible for navigation or other uses, then it seems like the top compartment of the center console (between the seats) would be a good place. Power is there in the bottom compartment, and it would be easy to pad out the top part to make a space for the phone that would force it to align with the charging pad.
zbyers

Re: Where to put my cellphone in 2003 Vibe

Post by zbyers »

There really isn't any GOOD spot to put it. Since I don't use mine for nav, it usually sits in the cubby below the shifter, or in that weird spot of the center console designed to hold CDs.

Vent mounts are nice, except in the winter time my phone would overheat from the heater blowing on it. :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe