2005 Pontiac Vibe 2020 Yearly Update

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TechMaxWare

2005 Pontiac Vibe 2020 Yearly Update

Post by TechMaxWare »

Hi everyone!

About a year ago I had uploaded a video "2005 Pontiac Vibe 2019 Update" - I had posted it here and from what I can see people really liked it. I have now released another video which would be my 2020 update. Figured I would post it here for anyone who was interested.

I hope you all enjoy and thanks for watching!

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szNK0GTmIHw
Proud owner of my 2005 Pontiac Vibe aka Vitus!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/benbatten14
zbyers

Re: 2005 Pontiac Vibe 2020 Yearly Update

Post by zbyers »

Solid update on the car. listened to the whole thing and wrote out some notes on points you had made. :D

1) That exhaust gasket could have needed replaced for emissions or something if you had an exhaust leak. It's a $10 gasket, and 15 minutes of time for you. That shop stole your monies.

2) Tires-- since it's FWD, it's okay to replace just two tires. The TPMS on these cars sucks lol. I believe you can shut it off somehow to just continue ignoring it.

3) Outside of the wipers being loose as you mentioned, not sure how you can install them incorrectly, unless they were upside down. :lol:

4) CEL coming on-- is the code P0171? If so, that is usually the intake manifold gasket, which does predominantly happen when cold. It's also a $15 part, and maybe an hour task.

5) They don't sell JUST the headlight lense. Best bet is to buy new housings.

6) There was once a write up on here on how to add the relays and stuff needed to make the horn beep when locking/unlocking. I think it's been lost over the years.

7) Window switch bezel- there is a write up on here on how to use a juice can lid to fix that. It's also a $10 part on Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/i/123967014189?chn ... gKsSfD_BwE

8) Pull e-brake up one click before starting, and it should disable the daytime running lights.

9) I've never had an issue with the AC freezing with the fan on low.

10) there are vents under the front seats for the rear. Doesn't do much, but they do exist.

11) There is a timing chain inside the engine. As i noted on the video itself, if that chain broke, the buyer may have bigger issues lol. For the most part, it's a "leave well enough alone part." Most would replace the timing chain tensioner, which is designed to take up most of the slack a timing chain may develop.

12) The serpentine belt you see in the engine bay, drives the accessories. If it breaks, usually the car may overheat if you don't stop soon.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe