Not new but back!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
MrPontiac

Not new but back!

Post by MrPontiac »

I bought my 2009 Vibe GT in 2008 and loved it. As my kids approached driving age it became thier car and when my oldest graduated college it was her grad present. I just bought it back from her and I want to start playing with it again. My next stop is the performance upgrades section here! All the best! Mike N..
2009 Vibe GT Richmond, Virginia
tpollauf

Re: Not new but back!

Post by tpollauf »

Interesting story with a GOOD ending so far. I actually did the same thing back in the spring of 2009 when I bought my 2009 Vibe Gt with the manual transmission. My 16 year old son was soon to be driving but there was one big problem .... he refused to learn to drive stick shift! :o His loss at that time as it would have become his car back then. Instead we found him his own 2009 Vibe GT (2 years old when we got it) which we split on paying for it (half dads money and half the kids) with an automatic and he still has it to this day. Hopefully the girl took good care of it and you can enjoy driving it again. Post pics if/when you get the time.

Also I see you signed up TWELVE years ago and just now made your first few posts :? Oh well, you'll get hooked now and get involved here. Good luck ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SSizler

Post by SSizler »

Welcome to the forums............ Again! :lol:
We hope you participate much more this time around!
Looking forward to following your Vibe mod path.
2003 Vibe Base/ Frosty White Mono/ Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD/ Lava Red Mono/ Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg/ 150k mi
2006 Vibe Base/ Stealth Gray Mono/ Loaded w/Leather/ 180k mi
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Welcome back! Im in a similar boat as you. I too bought a 2009 in 2008 . The only difference is that i kept driving my vibe all these years but just took a break from posting.

As for upgrades, i recommend the TRD strut brace if those are still out in the wild. Not sure if you can find one but I think its a good part for our 2009 vibes. But you have a GT. So that already has a factory strut brace anyway. Well, i guess im unsure what to recommend. :?

Welcome back anyway!