General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

Hello everyone.my name is Charley. Between my wife & I we have 3 vibes plus 2 parts cars. My main ride & the one I'm proudest of is a lava/gray 05 purchased nearly new (5500 mi.) By my wife which now has 342,000 with only tires,brakes,oil changes & an alternator this past summer. My wife's main ride is a neptune 05 Awsome purchased at93,000 miles which currently has about 120,000. Our backup vehicle is a white/gray 04 purchased at 140,000 miles & is currently at 287,000. We have grown to dearly love the Pontiac Vibe. They are truly the best, most dependable & versatile cars we've ever owned. We live near Hillsboro,Ohio which is near Cincinnati. I look forward to reading everyone's vibe stories & sharing a few of my own. I will also be able to chime in with body/paint advice as that is my trade
joatmon

Re: new member

Post by joatmon »

Welcome to genvibe!
lavaman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:43 am I will also be able to chime in with body/paint advice as that is my trade
That is an enviable skill. I do ok with a wrench and with electrical stuff, but my body/paint skill is embarrassingly poor.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Welcome to the best group on the internet. Kudos for the great info on the years, colors, and mileage. Impressive taking the '05 from 5500 miles to nearly 350k miles!

There are several members in Ohio. In fact, one is a few hours southeast of you near Portsmouth. He is primarily on Facebook these days though.

Post some pictures of your rides. We like pictures!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

What's up Chuck :lol: ................... Welcome to GenVibe from a fellow Ohioan up north! Post pics of these beauties when you get a chance. Did a lot of auto painting myself many years ago when I was young. Dupont Imron was my favorite though. Too bad they liquidated that entire product line. Finishmaster is not as good and have very little experience with Pittsburgh paint line products. Plus prices have damn near 10 folded since I regularly done it. Retiring soon and will DEFINITELY get back into body/paint work as it is a passion & hobby.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I just noticed my autocorrect changed my wife's neptune awd to a neptune awesome. As I am technically challenged, I will post pictures soon as I learn how. If anyone would care to coach me through that, I would greatly appreciate it. (I actually got my very first email just so I could join this site) I also have step by step pictures of an 07 vibe that I replaced the right rear quarter panel on where I work that some of you may find interesting.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Posting pictures here is a challenge. We are limited to 1MB (I believe). As such, most will post them elsewhere, and link to them here.

I recently have realized I can upload them to my Google Drive and then link the pictures. Kinda a happy medium so I still have access to them easily, and then they can be posted here.

When you are making a post, below the field you type in, there is a tab that says Attachments. You could attach them there if they are under the 1MB size.

Otherwise, using the buttons up at the top to change the font, there is one with a picture of a picture, and one with a link. You could technically use either of those.

Mark

Post by Mark »

I've never had any luck linking to google photos, if you figure it out please post how you got it to work. It could be a size issue I think, I'm able to post a pic by downloading it and then resizing to less than 1Mb.

2005_Vibe-small.jpg
2005_Vibe-small.jpg (311.85 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

Hey Mark , I just went to attachments then to add files & it went right to my phone files.I had a couple that were too many mb which puzzles me because they were all taken at the same time with the same phone. Check out my series of photos under "07 vibe I repaired at work"
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Mark wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 pm I've never had any luck linking to google photos, if you figure it out please post how you got it to work. It could be a size issue I think, I'm able to post a pic by downloading it and then resizing to less than 1Mb.
I uploaded them to my Google Drive.. Then using the IMG button above, copy and paste the URL from Google Drive. I have an email I use specifically for this forum lol

Mark

Post by Mark »

My phone uploads pics directly to Google Photo. From there a click on "share" then "get link". Then I click the image button and insert the link. This is what I get:

I can download the image to my local drive and then add it as an attachment, like I did in the earlier post, but I had to reduce the pixels by about 75% to get it to upload.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Mark, I am referring to Google Drive, not Google Photos.