General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
viberdan

Post by viberdan »

Hello! I'm a new owner of a 2009 Vibe base, 1.8L, dark gray, w/81K miles. I live in South Bend, IN. I sold an 08 Toyota Prius and got the Vibe in it's place. I've changed the oil and filter, replaced the radio with an OEM one, and put new tires on it. I also replaced a broken assist handle on the passenger side. I do need one hubcap and a wheel/rim to replace a bent one.

I like the fact that it's the same as a Toyota Matrix, because I like Toyotas, and that it doesn't have several computers in it and a traction battery like the Prius had, to possibly go out.

I'm happy to be a member and enjoy reading the posts. Viberdan
ColonelPanic

Re: New Member

Post by ColonelPanic »

Welcome from the other end of the state. :D Glad you found us.

The Vibe is a great car and there's plenty of good info here to be found. Let us know if you have any questions!

And of course, I'm sure someone will ask you to post pics of your new ride. Just a head's up. :lol:
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Dan! ;) Glad you found us. Yeah post pics when you get a chance. You won't have much serious maintenance to do on these cars as they are very reliable. Visit us often here and get involved :P
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Welcome, enjoy the car, and many safe and happy miles.

The nice thing is that most of the major maintenance items can be done on this car in less than four hours, with reasonable sets of tools.
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

Two years ago I replaced my aging '07 Prius with an '07 Vibe. My reasons were much the same as yours, and I'm happy with the swap. The cargo and passengers areas are almost the same, as is the overall quality of the car.

A new Prius traction battery would have (eventually) cost over $4000 where I live. I sold the Prius for $5000, got the Vibe with fewer miles on it for $3300. And I'm getting over 40 mpg on the highway (though in ideal conditions where I would have gotten 60 on the Prius).