General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Orca19

Post by Orca19 »

• hello i really appreciate being able to join and i just want to tell you why i joined. I purchased my vibe about 4 months ago from an individual in the air force all i know is that within 5 hrs of purchasing my Vibe was no longer running. I have no vehicle spent a good amount of money to either get it running or wat is causing it not to run. I don't know what to do next. I was really looking forward to being able to do alot of things with my vibe. Beach being able to work on projects etc. Im in need of some guidance about my vibe which direction should i go in right now i cant find anyone who knows anything about the vehicle its all alot of run around. I thought who better to help me sort this out than other vibe owners or enthusiasts What should i do?
Bookworm

Re: New member

Post by Bookworm »

All right.

I'll start off

First - update your profile with your location. There might be a member close enough to help you out directly.

Second - spacing out your panicked paragraph would have been easier to read. Write out what symptoms you have. Just saying it isn't running doesn't help much. Do it like this:

I have a <whatever year> Pontiac Vibe <version> (AWD, GT, Base), with a <type of transmission>, and <x numbers of miles>.

When I try to start the car, it clicks/does nothing/turns over without starting/explodes.

My radio does/does not work, the headlights do/do not work, etc.

None of us can diagnose a "My car doesn't work!"
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Also do you have records of what/where it's prior life was at? Why was it available for sale? Flooded car, wrecked, stolen, badly abused ???? Lots of unknowns that could help us help you. Location is very important especially if it spent most of its life in cold winter driving conditions (salt ,brine, etc.). More info soon so we can help you bet this Vibe back on the road. :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Looks like the other two covered you starting out... Let us know what issues are going on and where you are located. There are a variety of us who like helping others out and usually work for nominal fees such as adult beverages and food. :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

zbyers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 am Looks like the other two covered you starting out... Let us know what issues are going on and where you are located. There are a variety of us who like helping others out and usually work for nominal fees such as adult beverages and food. :lol:
Yes, because two drunks _always_ make car work go faster.

Right over the cliff.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Bookworm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 am
zbyers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 am Looks like the other two covered you starting out... Let us know what issues are going on and where you are located. There are a variety of us who like helping others out and usually work for nominal fees such as adult beverages and food. :lol:
Yes, because two drunks _always_ make car work go faster.

Right over the cliff.
So far my car is still in one piece, and I even lightened it by removing some unneeded bolts.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Orca19

Post by Orca19 »

• thank you everyone for the advice i really aporeciate your guidance. I will post the information to understand what is going on. Thanks again everybody.