2005 Vibe 1ZZ-FE A/C compressor clutch compatible with Corolla /Matrix

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Baadnewsburr

2005 Vibe 1ZZ-FE A/C compressor clutch compatible with Corolla /Matrix

Post by Baadnewsburr »

Hi I have a 2005 Vibe with the 1ZZ-FE (base) engine, I am trying to buy a replacement A/C clutch kit (Need the pulley and the magnet). Shipping prices to canada and local prices seem crazy up here for Vibe Parts, but these parts are readily available for Toyota Matrix and Corollas. Can anyone confirm if corolla/Matrix compressor clutch are the same and if so provide any part numbers I can search with? also if other GM cars have the same parts LMK too.
(p.s. If theres already a thread with these answers please point me too it, I tried digging around but couldn't find these specific answers)

thanks
zbyers

Re: 2005 Vibe 1ZZ-FE A/C compressor clutch compatible with Corolla /Matrix

Post by zbyers »

The Matrix/Corolla AC Compress/Clutch/Coil are DIFFERENT than that of the Vibe.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Baadnewsburr

Post by Baadnewsburr »

zbyers wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am The Matrix/Corolla AC Compress/Clutch/Coil are DIFFERENT than that of the Vibe.
thanks for the reply, just so I'm super clear on this, even though they are different, can you confirm that they are not compatible/interchangeable? i.e the pulley's usually just us a standardized specific number bearing and the coil may by the same size and have the same connector
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Pulley very well could be interchangeable, but I know the coil/clutch/compressor is not. Someone on the FB page recently ordered replacements for a Matrix, and it had a 3 wire connector vs. the single wire for the Vibe.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Baadnewsburr

Post by Baadnewsburr »

zbyers wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 am Someone on the FB page recently ordered replacements for a Matrix, and it had a 3 wire connector vs. the single wire for the Vibe.
Ok thanks, I appreciate the reply, that's exactly what I was trying to figure out :D