Newbie here - thanks for letting me join!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Gundy

Newbie here - thanks for letting me join!

Post by Gundy »

Hey all,
I have probably met quite a few of you the past few days on the genvibe page on FB. I just got an '08 Platinum Vibe yesterday & I love her. This is my very first Vibe - and it's a beauty.

I am sure i'll be hanging around here - and also on FB page - as I have a lot to learn. I just got rid of a 96 Toyota Avalon - so this is a whole different animal with all the tech in it. Coming from having a tape player to an Alpine stereo/cd with wi-fi and bluetooth is quite a switch!

At any rate - just wanted to say hi - I am not sure how things work around here - i've been lurking for a while. So if I make any newbie mistakes - let me know.

Gundy -
vibrologist

Re: Newbie here - thanks for letting me join!

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome Gundy!

Nice to have you here. I am also on the FB page now and then. There is a lot of bantering going on. This site is more factual. I think you will like the practical pointers you get here.
Post a picture and expand your signature to include your location. Help may be nearer than you think.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibrologist wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm This site is more factual. I think you will like the practical pointers you get here.
Totally agree with that ;)

Oh by the way .... Welcome to GenVibe :D If you want drama then go to the FB page, if you want advise and expert assistance on how to keep your Vibe running smoothly, then visit us here!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

tpollauf wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 am
vibrologist wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm This site is more factual. I think you will like the practical pointers you get here.
Totally agree with that ;)

Oh by the way .... Welcome to GenVibe :D If you want drama then go to the FB page, if you want advise and expert assistance on how to keep your Vibe running smoothly, then visit us here!
There is a lot of advise and expert assistance that has migrated to the FB (Zane, Nick, Carrie, thebarber, Wheeler, etc)... But yes, there can be a lot of unnecessary banter and arrogance by a few.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Welcome! I think too much has migrated to the FB page. It's because people keep assuming that EVERYONE wants a FB account. I don't. My wife has one, and she keeps people informed. I don't have one, because I'm an IT guy, and I have too MUCH crap to keep track of as it is.

Here, you can search through everything without having to sign up to a company that's already shown it just wants excessive amounts of money and information out of you. Here? There's some advertising, and I'd donate a bit if requested by the hoster.