I've Got the South Florida Vibe...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
chrispbacon

I've Got the South Florida Vibe...

Post by chrispbacon »

Hi there. My name is Chris. After driving a 2001 Toyota Corolla for 18 years I finally decided it was time for a new car. I started doing research on cars about a year ago on and off and was very close to purchasing a Prius. I had some very specific requirements for this car. I wanted something big enough to go car camping in, something that got good gas mileage, had red lit interior because I dont like bright LED dashboards blaring in my face, and more. Then about two months ago I came across something explaining how the Vibe is basically a Toyota Matrix and the more research I did into it the more surprised I was. I like the fuel economy of the Prius but if anything goes wrong on that car I'm looking at thousands of dollars in repairs whereas the vibe has stellar reliability and is easy to maintain. I did a lot of the maintenance of the Corolla myself. So I purchased the 01 Vibe with 94K miles. The previous owner kept it in unbelievable shape. So here I am. I've got the South Florida Vibe. :lol: :D
Attachments
vibe downres.jpg
vibe downres.jpg (415.15 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
ColonelPanic

Re: I've Got the South Florida Vibe...

Post by ColonelPanic »

Great looking Frosty there. 8-) You found yourself a fantastic car!

Welcome!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Looks really nice. The white color is called Frosty, but I doubt it gets very frosty in south FL
chrispbacon wrote: I purchased the 01 Vibe with 94K miles.
a typo, first model year for Vibes was 2003, a lot of them were actually made in 2002. The grill says yours is either an 03 or an 04 Still, a 16 year old Vibe with under 100K miles, that one has a lot of life left in it
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe and congrats on the deal you just got. I take it you live in the area where you purchased this Vibe? The reason I ask is because I have a "Central Florida 2004 Vibe GT" that I bought last year ... BUT I drive it up north at the Ohio/Michigan line! ZERO rust, which is unheard of up here for a 15 year old car! Keep us posted on any progress, repairs, or mods you do over the upcoming years!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
chrispbacon

Post by chrispbacon »

joatmon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:01 pm Looks really nice. The white color is called Frosty, but I doubt it gets very frosty in south FL
chrispbacon wrote: I purchased the 01 Vibe with 94K miles.
a typo, first model year for Vibes was 2003, a lot of them were actually made in 2002. The grill says yours is either an 03 or an 04 Still, a 16 year old Vibe with under 100K miles, that one has a lot of life left in it
Oops yeah sorry meant 03. Was thinking of the Corolla. I know I cant wait to take it on trips.
chrispbacon

Post by chrispbacon »

tpollauf wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm Welcome to GenVibe and congrats on the deal you just got. I take it you live in the area where you purchased this Vibe? The reason I ask is because I have a "Central Florida 2004 Vibe GT" that I bought last year ... BUT I drive it up north at the Ohio/Michigan line! ZERO rust, which is unheard of up here for a 15 year old car! Keep us posted on any progress, repairs, or mods you do over the upcoming years!

Thank you. Yeah single owner took really good care of it. Somehow it ended up at a small dealership who got it at auction. Title, carfax, and inspection checked out. Theres a few issues with it. Sunroof leaks into cabin. I have to ckean out the drain holes probably. I already put windshield sealer across the top of the windshield because I thought thats where it was leaking from. Burnt out headlight and front dome light went out. Already ordered replacements. Yep Ill definitely keep you post.