Hello from Columbia Missouri!! (Current 2005 Vibe Owner)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
TechMaxWare

Hello from Columbia Missouri!! (Current 2005 Vibe Owner)

Post by TechMaxWare »

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to post and say hello! :) I currently(and have owned for about 4 years now), a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. I have known about this forum in all of that time, and of course in some cases have taken a look at some of the posts here, but haven't ever had the initiative to join until now. I am sure many of us here absolutely LOVE our vibes(haha) as do I, and am planning to keep it as well as continue to love it for hopefully years to come. One other thing to note about my Vibe, is that it is my first car. So not only is it an outstanding machine, I also have plenty of memories in my Vibe!

The picture that should be attached is actually a few years old now, but I thought it would be a good starter me on the forums. This Vibe is a base model body, with all GT features added in EXCEPT On-Star, which is just the way I like it haha. The only real change I have made to it was upgrading the stereo head unit to a Kenwood-DDX371(The Monsoon system is of course already pre-installed).

Thank you for allowing me to join the group!! Looking forward to reading others stories on their Vibe, as well as sharing my own! :D
Attachments
BensVibe.JPG
BensVibe.JPG (85.15 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
zbyers

Re: Hello from Columbia Missouri!! (Current 2005 Vibe Owner)

Post by zbyers »

Welcome to the party. We have a few other Missouri members; but I think mostly near KC or STL.

I've got a buddy who lives in Columbia or Warrensburg...I can't remember where he moved to this time.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
TechMaxWare

Post by TechMaxWare »

Thank you!

And nice! I am of course currently right smack in the middle of the state.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum!
It was about time you came out of the closet!
We have a friend in Columbia and visited her a few years ago. We took a stretch of Route 66 of the under the wheels of the Vibe. The thread in my signature will take you to a picture I took in Cuba, Mo. Missouri is a beautiful state!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
TechMaxWare

Post by TechMaxWare »

Hello! And thank you!
I do like Missouri for it's interesting weather patters(I study weather as a hobby), and it is indeed a beautiful state! It's also nice to see others doing some traveling in their Vibes haha. My father and I took a trip from here(Columbia) out to Virginia, around the DC area. My father even said that the Vibe did spectacular, it just drove with out one hiccup. Honestly, that is the way this car has always been. :) It's also nice to be in a place where I can be proud of my car and not absolutely annoy everyone around me. :lol:
Proud owner of my 2005 Pontiac Vibe aka Vitus!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/benbatten14
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. You won't get harrassed here on this forum. Us folks are here because we want to be here and learn/fix issues with our Vibes. You should be driving this Vibe for several more years to come. Very dependable (likely paid for) and economical to run. Thanks for joining and posting a pic right away :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
TechMaxWare

Post by TechMaxWare »

Very happy to be here! :) My Vibe is defiantly paid for, and mine. I am her third owner. So far only minor issues with my car, but I know they can be fixed. As you know, she IS very dependable and wonderful on price with gas and parts from what I have a have seen so far. About that pic, it is actually a few years old. I'll have to post some newer pictures when she gets a bath. :lol:

I do have a recent video about my car on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested! I'll post that here. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgXXAfEyuI&t=628s

GORGO

Post by GORGO »

Welcome.
Previously known as,TONY-TAT2 /GODZILLA
09 Base bought new. 08 Pontiac G6 the Wifes bought new. 93 Vette 40th Ruby Red Anniversary Rag top 6spd.
TechMaxWare

Post by TechMaxWare »

Thank you!!